How to change a display name from a sip account created in freepbx over CLI?

# fwconsole bi --type='extensions' extensions.csv

Please, could you give me more specifics?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Installing+SNG7+Official+Distro

paragraphs 12, 13 , 14 and 15, Is that familiar?

Create a file named extensions.csv containing:

extension,name
112,Charles Trent

From a root shell prompt, issue

fwconsole bi --type='extensions' extensions.csv
fwconsole reload

Yes mate, the exactly same way. Told you I installed over a burned DVD with image iso.

I will try thanks.

Then why cant you use the gui? Did this not all start with that not being possible.

No, no, let me explain myself again. This freepbx issue I’m having is on an old server, this new I’ve installed from scratch I do can log into my freepbx. The old server is one someone provisioned 7 years ago. I have installed asterisk 13 on a new server because as I can’t access on the old freepbx web GUI server, I can’t change display names from users, so I need to to do this. That’s why I’m asking if it’s there another way to change the display names by CLI. Am I clear?

I think I will check on sip.conf and extensions.conf on the asterisk folder on the old server to see if I can change display name by commands.

What do you mean you can’t access? You don’t have the password?

Good luck finding it there, i have told you twice now, it can be set in the asteriskdb sqlite3 database.

Thanks, I will see what I can do

O have been looking into the matter, and I don’t clearly see where is that db

Old server can’t access into free pbx. When trying git error FATAL DB ERROR: connect failed

Really dude, YOU NEED TO FIX OR REPLACE YOUR OLD MACHINE, nobody will have the patience talking you through various workarounds when you refuse to do anything your asked (maybe some one else here wants to lead this horse ? . . . .)

1 Like

As I’ve said, I HAVE REPLACED MY OLD ASTERISK SERVER WITH THE LATEST VERSION, I’ve said that yesterday. I thought this es a forum to get information, no matter if you’re an asterisk guru or not. I don’t pretend I will get the job done line by line. Thanks for the help.

Hello Steward1. See, if I’m having this extension 101 I’ve created over Freepbx web GUI with the name of John Jameson, how then this command you are suggesting I would put into my CLI, and on which file/directory?. Would appreciate the info. Thanks.

This file named extensions.csv would be created on which file/directory?

The current directory from which you are executing the fwconsole command.

Unfortunately, on testing this I found that bi (without options) would only add new extensions, not edit existing ones. But when using the --replace option, the extension got completely replaced so you would need to specify all parameters.

Normally, that wouldn’t be an issue – you would export the extensions, edit the .csv with Excel and import the modified file. But you have no access to the GUI and I don’t know how you can do the export. Perhaps someone else can help with this.

See Unable to edit with BulkHandler on command line .

Otherwise, troubleshooting your lack of GUI access may be the best option.

1 Like

I believe there is a total disconnect here in this thread, referring to the OP’s older thread

He is actually trying to fix a broken Elastix system. Thus all his protests that he has a working new install are specious, he is STILL trying to fix the broken one that he has no access to.

Bulk import is not available in Elastix so that’s a no go, getting help from Elastix is a no-go because they sold out , fixing a broken elastix is a pain in the ass but could be done by someone a little better equipped than the OP.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @6taylor , you need to start over with a new install, if you save your broken /etc/asterisk/ directory you will have the crumbs you need.

I am sure we all wish you well and any Elastix experts might want to chip in here ( I was one, but I already chipped in to no avail :wink: ) .

1 Like

That’s error from my old asterisk server