How to change a display name from a sip account created in freepbx over CLI?

I is not an elastix system, is a Freepbx one… t

In FreePBX, you loginto the Gui, choose applications->extensions, click on the pencil and change whatever you want.

I’m sorry I think you’re not following the issue of this thread. I can’t log in into my freepbx server, my old server. The suggestion you provided is valid for the new freepbx server I just installed last week.

I agree , someones no following something, your old server IS an Elastix system, whethere you agrtee or not

on may 6th you so posted a screen shot of it.

Either way, give up on fixing it and salvage what you can to your shiny new FreePBX server that is not broken.

No, it is a Freepbx, when logged it shown “FreePBX”, I clearly know the difference between elastix and Freepbx web GUI.

I can work with my new freepbx, but, I just can’t for my Polycom IP 331 phones get the directory.

In one hand I have a broken Freepbx which has the directory working but can’t access into my Freepbx to change names of extensions, and in the other hand, I have a new Freepbx that I do can log in into web GUI and change names of extensions, but I have done many different things to try to get the directory but nothing.

I feel suffocated… :expressionless:

log into a polycom and see what protocol and where is is reading/writing its direcories from/to, reimpliment the same files on the new box using the same protocol

If the system is that old it is probably tftp into /tftboot , you will need to allow create on the new boxes tftp server options to write new entries

Yes, I think is on. /tftpboot

Its really not a lot to do with FreePBX, its just a phone thing and how it is provisioned.

You might have arranged to seed it with one of the ‘directories’ but you have remembered doing that I’m sure

Long ago we did this manual from asterisk 2.65.11, and was very good and directory active.

I’ve done this to provision my Polycom, but it did work

It is not easy.

Then if that works for you there is nothing stopping you replacing the broken machine.

No it doesn’t work on the new machine, old machine is OK about the directory issue

That’s called a catch-22 Yosarian, But you need to figure it out one way or another.