How to change a display name from a sip account created in freepbx over CLI?

Hello. I have this issue I can’t get into or log into my Freepbx by web GUI, so I was wondering if there was a way to change the display names from my extensions that I’ve created on FreePBX, over CLI from my server?.

Thanks in advance.

You need to fix the bigger problem first!!!

If you mean the CallerID(name) presented on a call then you could ‘put’

/AMPUSER/extnum/cidname

into the asteriskdb sqlite3 database. But such a change is ephemeral over a restart as the thing you can’t get to (the GUI) has you by the gonads.

edit: that was sexist :slight_smile: hope you are a guy . . .

Edit2: fixed it we all have gonads

Mmm, see I was pretty I’m need to change for example extension 112 named EDWARD JONES to CHARLES TRENT, and I just wonder it is possible by CLI. The Freepbx web GUI login I’m about two months and I just can solve it. Some issue with mysqld connection, but nothing yet.

Can I just change the name of the extension by CLI?

I just told you how, you will really need to fix the login/mysql thing.

I can’t remember if it was the mysqld thing, I am having lot in my head right now.

I’m sorry I’m not following you, the way you told me when rebooted changes will be lost?

If you mean the CallerID(name) presented on a call then you could ‘put’

/AMPUSER/extnum/cidname

into the asteriskdb sqlite3 database

If this is not understandable, I would reinstall your system from scratch

Believe me, this is the third time I have installed asterisk 13 from scratch. Old system más asterisk 11, the one that doesn’t let me log into asterisk web GUI.

How exactly did you install FreePBX?

I’ve installed asterisk 13,

That wasn’t the question, how did you install FreePBX, they are not the same thing. Yet you are here in the FreePBX support forum and keep talking about Asterisk .

Again, how exactly did you install FreePBX?

The display name is stored in the extensions_additional.conf file, but if your do anything that rewrites the config file, you’ll need to rechange it. There’s a database entry in mysql that you should also change, but I don’t know for certain which table that’s stored in.

See, asterisk 13 comes with freepbx to access by web GUI.

By recharge do you mean I have to do this every time after reboot or shutdown?

No, you are completely backwards, FreePBX installs asterisk if you use a ‘distro’ .if you follow any other recipe, you will be shown how to install Asterisk BEFORE installing FreePBX. Installing Asterisk per se, does NOT install FreePBX

What about on the asterisk folder /etc/asterisk, there are two files named sip.conf and extensions.conf, what about if I change the display names over those two files?.

What about on the asterisk folder /etc/asterisk, there are two files named sip.conf and extensions.conf, what about if I change the display names over those two files?.

Please, please, just answer the question, How did you install FreePBX? Its not a trick question, it is just imperative to provide you any reasonable direction.

Yes, you’re right, I have installed asterisk 13 over centos7.

How???

I’ve just downloaded the latest version over the site, an iso. Installed asterisk 13 over centos7 sangoma. By how did I install it?, I’ve just did it not by CLI, but with a burned image on a DVD. I’m sorry I’m not following you, although I’m not new on this telephony asterisk field.