What would you like to see added in FreePBX 15?

Yup. And as mentioned many times, i hope this will become a All-in-one software where you can manage calls, and all features you have in UCP, as well as FOP2 functionalities, like Queue agents to login/off.

Currently:
Phone - Zulu
FollowMe, CW, etc - UCP
Queue signin/off/Pause - FOP2

A wish you could get them ALL together :slight_smile:

1 Like

A comment field for various items that can be put in the PBX. PBX administrators come and go and its hard to know the reasoning behind certain items existing in the configs.

Extensions “This extension is at the backdoor of the garage”
Trunks " this trunk is used only for the ACME business members outbound"
“This miscellaneous destination is used for the after hours calls to the on call phone”
etc etc

SEARCHABLE as well.

2 Likes

YES! Comment fields. Comment fields EVERYWHERE!

1 Like

Comment fields everywhere, that can be exported on bulk handler.

1 Like

Hello Community,
If you find a way how to make HylaFax official available for FreePBX SNG7, it would be a nice feature.

1 Like

Add a status for DND on BLF extensions. If a phone has a BLF of another extension there is no indication that the extension is busy if the extension is in DND mode. I think the BLF of the extension should show some status to indicate it is either busy or a new status for DND (fast blink? long short blink, something?, worst case at least light the lamp?)

2 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

I agree. Much needed

I want call flow visualization. FreePBX knows where my inbound routes go and knows what goes to what. Please let me choose an inbound route and visually show me where the call goes.
EX:
What announcement does it get?
Does it go to Time condition?
Matches A where does it go?
Matches B where does it go?
Ring groups or queues? how long and what ring strategy?
Lastly extensions with failed destination and voicemail locations?

It’s so frustrating getting a customer who A can’t explain the issue and B has a system in a tangled web of call flow because they have 4 time conditions to make sure that calls during the day go here but after 5 but before 7 go here wait if its Saturday calls should go here but on Sunday this queue takes the calls oh back to the main portion of the day yea that should go here. Not to mention queue to queue for call stacking.

It feels like a lot, and i have no idea how you’d cleanly do it but hey this is a wish list so i’ll throw this out there.

Let me see the call flow based on Inbound route DID’s.

3 Likes

I would love a free text “notes” field for each application in the dial plan.

It would be used to document why something in the dial plan is setup in a particular way so when the next person comes along they understand why it was done and not break things.

Our Marketing department often ask for changes to the dialplan then a few months down the line they complain about the said changes, forgetting that they were the ones who wanted the change in the first place! In the notes box, we could document something like “As per XXX’s request on YYY Date, we now do this”

2 Likes

The other good future would be good for health care to add is similar to Appointment Reminder but this would be so the person will call in a voice promt will ask them for their phone number check aginst database and let the person when his/her appointment is booked then give them option to Cancel Confirm or Reschedul

Thank you…

1 Like

For appointment reminder a way to place an upfront check to make sure the caller is the right person.

“Custom message intro” + “If this is [SAYNAME], press one, otherwise, press two”. One routes to the normal treatment, two could route to an admin selected destination.

1 Like

I just completed my first FreePBX install. I did not use any of the commercial add-ins (like the telephone provisioning modules) As it was my first and somewhat experimental and for use in my own IT business I used a number of different phone models to see how things would work out. I used Polycom Soundpoint 550’s one SP 335, one Yealink, one Aastrix, and just for fun I hooked in an old Bell Telephone model 500 rotary dial phone on an old Sunrocket ATA that I had to dig around for instructions on how to break into. It’s right in the lobby and it’s a real conversation piece everyone who comes in wants to dial an extension on it. And I brought my existing POTS trunks into a voicecard in a Cisco 1700 and FreePBX is running on an ESXi 5.5 system in a virtual server.

Anyway as I intend to enter the market supplying softPBX-based phone systems what I’m going to say is from my own would-be customers POV not mine.

First - if I was selling someone a commercial FreePBX system I would definitely have them buy the Endpoint Manager. And I would use Cisco phones. Why? Simple. Users associate Cisco with higher end stuff and assume that just because it’s a Cisco phone on their desk, that it’s a Cisco PBX. Managers who are reluctant to go with an “open source” phone system that is inexpensive can be told “if this doesn’t work out then I’ll sell you a Cisco UCS and you won’t have to buy all new phones”

I did not use EM in my system even though I could have cheated by installing it then having it generate the provisioning configs during the trial period then uninstalling it because I felt as though that was cheating and because I wanted to learn the nitty gritty of what was actually happening. And I have a lot of sympathy for whatever developer works on EM because if what I’ve seen with the models I’ve used is the norm, well what a nightmare. All my phones are running the latest firmware from their manufacturers.

I love Sangoma as a company and I’d happily resell your blue box PBX hardware if the customer wanted to use a PRI but not your phones.

Second - do not assume that analog lines are dead. I have some customers who are addicted to faxing. Don’t ask me why and yeah yeah everyone says faxes are dead but they aren’t. They want to put a document into their printer scanner and key in the phone number at the printer scanner and hit send. So I need to have the analog fax line from the printer plugged into something. You need to make sure your endpoint manager has good support for ATAs.

Third you need to publish a guide or something that says what versions of OS need to be defined in ESXi for what version of FreeBBX

Forth your voicemail needs to be able to be broken out when it’s saying the message - the end user VMX Locator just doesn’t work.

last you need to fix whatever you broke in version 14 that prevents it from setting up usable VpIP connection to a Cisco with a FXO card in it.

Faxing is probably still around partly due to HIPPA.

Except Cisco phones are terrible on open source asterisk and free switch as their normal firmware is meant to utilize Cisco call manager. So when you choose Cisco phones with asterisk or freeeswitch you are actually giving your clients a similar experience to if you choose Digium or Sangoma phones for Cisco call manager.

2 Likes

There are 2 general classes of Cisco phones - the SPA series that are SIP and the Enterprise series which can be ordered either with Skinny or SIP. I think the Enterprise series with Skinny are the ones you are talking about. Not sure what you mean by “normal firmware” here. The end user wouldn’t know the difference. And the SPA series are really old Linksys product that’s been gussied up. Cisco is positioning to sunset that line anyway and use their new multiprotocol phones. I’m not sure why you would think anything about the experience would be different - what more do you need in a desktop phone than the ability to dial, search an ldap directory, have a message waiting light, and plug in a headset. And the Cisco phones can be made to do that even if for the Enterprise phones it appears to be as kludgy as getting the Aastra 6753i to do it. Since you can define buttons on the phones how you want, it seems to me that for the SPA series at least they wouldn’t be any worse than a Yealink.
Oh and that is one other thing that should be in Endpoint Manager - a firmware library for phones. (I don’t know if one is in there or not) but it sucks to have to root around all over the Internet for firmware for phones.
It appears to me the biggest advantage of using the Sangoma phones is plug and play. And yes I know there are people out there who don’t really want to understand the in depth of the products they use and if they were going to do a cheap and dirty system they would be well advised to setup a FreePBX system with the free version of Endpoint manager and Sangoma phones. Then its just WYSIWYG for them and they don’t have to understand provisioning and button assignments or any of that icky stuff. But I don’t run that kind of business. What is the fun of IT when you don’t know the stuff works that you are selling?
Seriously, though, I can’t help but point out that you lack an Android softphone. I’m currently using the last beta version of CSipSimple. It works really well and doesn’t have NAT issues and all of that. But when I tried it out on an android version newer than 6, it crashed. And of course it lacks directory lookup, message waiting, and so on. Video does work on it after a fashion. Sangoma could do a heck of a lot worse by picking up that code and forking it into your own softphone app and I have to say that if you really want to be in the business of selling phones, both iOS and Android SIP softphones are so lacking, that if you had a really good softphone app that’s the one phone I’d be in the front of the line to buy from you.

There is one.

In the works. It’s called Zulu and it’s commercial.

1 Like

Been there done that, you buy client devices that works well with your server, not the other way around…
You just don’t buy a computer that works well with your keyboard… You know.

Yes Cisco phones are cool, but can sometimes be a pain in the… …to provision with any non Cisco PBX.

We’ve been using Yealink, Polycom, Fanvil, but we now stick to Sangoma Phones. You can literally drop ship these phones and the client can just plug it in… And bingo it works!!
(All you need is getting the MAC addresses from your supplier so you can add them in the redirection portal and EPM)

We use EPM with OBI ATA’s, works great.

1 Like

I’m totally uninterested in all the CRM stuff and until I can type “Zulu for android” into Google Play Store on my phone and install a softphone that will work more than 12 months and/or require me to continually pay licensing, it’s not happening.
In the droid world you click, pay once, install, and the app is good for the life of the phone.

It will be in Google play with it comes out of beta. It will be free in Google play as it’s licensed based on the PBX on what you buy from the PBX Zulu license. Zulu is much more than a softphone.

1 Like