Remove + from caller ID

Currently I have caller ID coming in as +14445551212 <-- example caller id. What I am trying to figure out is how to remove the + from the front of the caller ID. Any help would be great, this is a pain because when I call someone back I have to remove the + or I have to write the number down and dial it again. I just would like to have the + removed. Thanks again for any help.

There is a built in context in FreePBX specifically for this purpose. It will actually strip the +1 from incoming calls, so you may have to adjust your outbound routes to accept 10 digit dialing.

; from-pstn-e164-us: ; ; The context is designed for providers who send calls in e164 format and is ; biased towards NPA calls, callerid and dialing rules. It will do the following: ; ; DIDs in an NPA e164 format of +1NXXNXXXXXX will be converted to 10 digit DIDs
Set the context of the problem trunk to ‘from-pstn-e164-us’ (without quotes)

I guess my question is how do i fix it so there is no +. I need to get rid of the +. Any insight on how to do that?

In your trunk, where all the setting are for your SIP provider, you will see

context=from-pstn

Put a semi colon ; in front of that, (A remark) and add

context=from-pstn-e164-us

Save and reload. Should do it.

John

John,

I have “context=from-trunk” in the peer details as well as the user details so which do I change? Is below the correct way that you are talking about?

context=from-trunk;

This should not be in the User Details and rarely is there anything in the User Details. So ensure this is in the PEER Details…

Delete the line OR place a semi colon IN FRONT OF, context=from-trunk (not yelling, just bolding), then add context=from-pstn-e164-us in Peer Details only.

It should look like:

;context=from-trunk …or delete this line.

Do not remark, (add a semi colon ; in front of) any other line or delete/remove any other line/lines.

I always rem my lines in case I need/want to change back. Esp if I forget what I want to do!

Thats awesome it works great thanks alot!