Iotserver module, Cron and license

commercialmodules
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fafc726f9e8>

(Fbedia) #1

Since Tuesday, we have been receiving two emails from “Cron Daemon”:

Email 1:
Subject: Cron asterisk@asterisk /var/www/html/admin/modules/iotserver/bin/check_license.php
Body: This product is not licensed! Please purchase a license first.

Email 2:
Subject: Cron asterisk@asterisk /var/www/html/admin/modules/iotserver/bin/check_certificates.php
Body: This product is not licensed! Please purchase a license first.

I see that iotserver refers to the SmartOffice (https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SMAR), commercial module, which we do not use or need

Yesterday I disabled the module from FreePBX module management, and today the email received was this:

Email 1:
Subject: Cron asterisk@asterisk /var/www/html/admin/modules/iotserver/bin/check_license.php
Body:
Exception: Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class 'Iotserver’A required module might be disabled or uninstalled. Recommended steps (run from the CLI): 1) fwconsole ma install iotserver 2) fwconsole ma enable iotserver in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php on line 213 Stack trace:

1. Exception->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:213
  2. FreePBX\Self_Helper->loadObject() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:106
  3. FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:37
  4. FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/FreePBX.class.php:105
  5. FreePBX->__callStatic() /var/www/html/admin/modules/iotserver/bin/check_license.php:12
  6. FreePBX->Iotserver() /var/www/html/admin/modules/iotserver/bin/check_license.php:12

Email 2:
Subject: Cron asterisk@asterisk /var/www/html/admin/modules/iotserver/bin/check_certificates.php
Body:
Exception: Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class 'Iotserver’A required module might be disabled or uninstalled. Recommended steps (run from the CLI): 1) fwconsole ma install iotserver 2) fwconsole ma enable iotserver in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php on line 213 Stack trace:

1. Exception->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:213
  2. FreePBX\Self_Helper->loadObject() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:106
  3. FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:37
  4. FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/FreePBX.class.php:105
  5. FreePBX->__callStatic() /var/www/html/admin/modules/iotserver/bin/check_certificates.php:5
  6. FreePBX->Iotserver() /var/www/html/admin/modules/iotserver/bin/check_certificates.php:5

What can I do to disable this module? or stop receiving these notifications from the cron every day?

Thanks

(P Ramarajan) #2

@fbedia Try to uninstall the iot module with the below commands.

"fwconsole ma uninstall iotserver
fwconsole ma remove iotserver
"

(Tom Ray) #3

Still doesn’t solve the actual issue unless the resolution is that no one installs this module that has no plans on using it.

(Fbedia) #4

Done. I will wait until tomorrow to see if the Cron email arrives

(Fbedia) #5

I executed the commands:
fwconsole ma uninstall iotserver
fwconsole ma remove iotserver

And the message received tonight was as follows:

Body: /bin/sh: /var/www/html/admin/modules/iotserver/bin/check_certificates.php: No such file or directory

Body: /bin/sh: /var/www/html/admin/modules/iotserver/bin/check_license.php: No such file or directory

Maybe I should remove those checks from the Cron Daemon?
If so, can you tell me how? I do not know how to do it

Regards

(P Ramarajan) #6

Hi ,

Seems the cron entry not getting deleted after removing the module.

Edit the cron by using “crontab -e -u asterisk” and then delete the iotserver entries.

(Dave Burgess) #7

… and then submit a bug request. This is a new service and growing pains are to be expected.

(Fbedia) #8

Thank you all for your messages.

Despite having uninstalled the module, on Saturday it was automatically reinstalled.

On Saturday I received an email with the subject: “FreePBX (VoIP Server) Module Updates” and the following body:

" This is an automatic notification from your FreePBX (VoIP Server) server.

Installing missing modules: iotserver

Module iotserver successfully downloaded in 2 seconds Module iotserver installation completed in 39 seconds Done. All modules installed."

Finally I have chosen to edit the crontab, and remove the lines…
In this way at least I will not receive the email with the license error in iotserver every day …