Issue with restore

freepbx
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f4f46d4d950>

Hello

asterisk 16.15.1
freepbx 15.0.16.81

I am trying to backup my prod server and restore on my backup server. I first had an issue with the iotserver ( which I fixed with this : Iotserver module, Cron and license ). Now, my backup completes but when I restore, i get this:

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Call to undefined function FreePBX\modules\endpoint_write_ext() in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/Endpoint.class.php on line 388
Stack trace:

1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/Endpoint.class.php:388
    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function FreePBX\modules\endpoint_write_ext() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/Endpoint.class.php on line 388

I suspect that this is because I am using the commercial Sangoma endpoint module on my prod server but I did not buy a licence for the backup server. I get this even though I did not backup the endpoint module in my tar backup . I am a bit surprised to get this error even though I did not backup endpoint but it seems possible.

Beside cloning the disk, is there a way to restore my backup server and restore it on the backup server without buying another licence for endpoint ?

Thank you

Gilbert

(Jared Busch) #2

Do you have EPM installed on the server you are restoring to?

You can install any module without being licensed. You just cannot use it.

My backup server was built from a clone of the main server a few weeks ago. So, I suppose that the actual endpoint module code is there, it is just not licenses.

I can do another clone, it is just a little more complicated then doing a backup / restore to do an update.

(Canada) #4

Hey guys this brings up something I’ve always wondered about. On the prod server, I have the starter bundle. What happens if I spin up a freepbx 15 server, restore my backup from the prod server, to this secondary freepbx 15 server, but I don’t have the starter bundle purchased for it? I kind of tried this but I was utilizing fax pro and had a problem with contact manager and the user manager group. Do you think I can just enable those modules and maybe my problem will go away? Feel free to answer this in 2 parts :slight_smile: