Issue with restore

Hello

asterisk 16.15.1
freepbx 15.0.16.81

I am trying to backup my prod server and restore on my backup server. I first had an issue with the iotserver ( which I fixed with this : Iotserver module, Cron and license - #7 by cynjut ). Now, my backup completes but when I restore, i get this:

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Call to undefined function FreePBX\modules\endpoint_write_ext() in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/Endpoint.class.php on line 388
Stack trace:

1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/Endpoint.class.php:388
    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function FreePBX\modules\endpoint_write_ext() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/Endpoint.class.php on line 388

I suspect that this is because I am using the commercial Sangoma endpoint module on my prod server but I did not buy a licence for the backup server. I get this even though I did not backup the endpoint module in my tar backup . I am a bit surprised to get this error even though I did not backup endpoint but it seems possible.

Beside cloning the disk, is there a way to restore my backup server and restore it on the backup server without buying another licence for endpoint ?

Thank you

Gilbert

Do you have EPM installed on the server you are restoring to?

You can install any module without being licensed. You just cannot use it.

My backup server was built from a clone of the main server a few weeks ago. So, I suppose that the actual endpoint module code is there, it is just not licenses.

I can do another clone, it is just a little more complicated then doing a backup / restore to do an update.

Hey guys this brings up something I’ve always wondered about. On the prod server, I have the starter bundle. What happens if I spin up a freepbx 15 server, restore my backup from the prod server, to this secondary freepbx 15 server, but I don’t have the starter bundle purchased for it? I kind of tried this but I was utilizing fax pro and had a problem with contact manager and the user manager group. Do you think I can just enable those modules and maybe my problem will go away? Feel free to answer this in 2 parts :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.