Zulu: Merge calls still broken

Merge calls in Zulu is still broken.

See:

I’d file a support ticket for the commercial module I paid for, but the portal (as usual) shows I have a “credit balance” of -50 due to purchasing the wrong support option, then purchasing the right support option, then Sangoma screwing something up relating to somehow having two accounts and various “deployments” that I can’t access, Zulu isn’t available as an option when submitting a ticket…it’s a dumpster fire. I can’t even renew my Zulu license because of permission issues. Worst, most bureaucratic support process ever.

Anyways, here’s another post about merge calls not working in hopes that Sangoma will get around to looking at it.

Have you seen the notification of the replacement as it’s unlikely anything is getting fixed in Zulu.

Sangoma connect uses the same licenses I think but the just have a new client.

Zulu is nearing end of life, you want to be using Sangoma Connect for mobile and Sangoma Phone for desktop now.

Generally you don’t ever need to buy support credits to get bug assistance with paid commercial modules, you want a ticket for commercial module support.

You can open a ticket of type ‘Customer service and billing’ without credit to request assistance with accessing the portal or for correcting issues with purchases.

Zulu is nearing end of life, you want to be using Sangoma Connect for mobile and Sangoma Phone for desktop now.

Does Sangoma Connect work with Linux? There’s no information about it on the Sangoma site. There’s also no download link like there is for Zulu, so I can’t test if the client even launches under Linux.

It looks like my only option for testing is to buy it for $200 and hope things work out.

Generally you don’t ever need to buy support credits to get bug assistance with paid commercial modules, you want a ticket for commercial module support.

I wish your online customer portal was clearer and didn’t lead you directly into paid support for commercial modules if you actually offer support for free. I also wish the “commercial modules” section of the community was removed, because most of the threads I’ve stumbled upon are simply redirects to your kludge of a customer portal.

You can open a ticket of type ‘Customer service and billing’ without credit to request assistance with accessing the portal or for correcting issues with purchases.

I tried that several times two years ago and things got even more messed up. Hell–even reporting a critical bug in your phone firmware required me to sneak in to your sales queue and convince an annoyed sales drone that they should really let me talk to someone in tech support about the issue. I had to convince him that I really didn’t need technical support and actually had a work-around for an issue that would be popping up over the next ~24 hours due to time zones.

Please stop making support so damn difficult and convoluted.

No, there is not a Linux client yet. I wish there was as I run Linux primarily myself.

It is the same license as Zulu, you can just install SangomaConnect.

No, there is not a Linux client yet. I wish there was as I run Linux primarily myself.

Dang it. That’s a huge requirement for me. All my staff run Linux or BSD. I’ll test to see if I can run it under WINE and/or the BSD Linux compatibility mode.

It is the same license as Zulu, you can just install SangomaConnect.

That’s super helpful to know. Thanks @sorvani!

Immediately connected from my cell phone…which is useless for what I’m trying to accomplish.

I can’t get it to run under WINE, so Linux is out of the question.

Running from a test Windows machine I have sitting in the corner shows the desktop app is having problems.

Current versions here:

But there is an entire process required to install SangomaConnect for the desktop application to work.
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/CONNECT/How+to+Setup+the+Sangoma+Phone+Desktop+Client+on+the+PBX

I complained about that process here: SangomaPhone requires too many things

Unfortunately, Sangoma Connect doesn’t have all the features of Zulu just yet (call device), so for some of us, this won’t work just yet.

I had the same error message because I forgot to add the port number after the FQDN/IP address. The service is running on 6443 on my system. So I had to type pbx.exmaple.com:6443 in the input field. Maybe this will help you.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.