Whoops \ Exception \ ErrorException (E_WARNING) Illegal string offset 'fail2ban_ban_time'

New install but restoring from backup. I get this message when trying to access the firewall

Hi.

Can you tell us from which version you tried to restore and to which version you are using ?

15 to 15

Ok I will open a ticket to check
https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-22651

The odd thing after restore was I had to install endpoint manager and sysadmin. Related?

I think your system must be up to date any time before restore.

It was

Ok anyway, a ticket is opened to check your issue.

Thanks. How long does that usually take to get a response?

Is Fail2Ban actually running? You are probably missing the file /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/zulu.conf - Itā€™s missing after about 90% of my restores - recreate it and put this in it:

[INCLUDES]
[Definition]
#_daemon = zulu
failregex = Authentication failure from
ignoreregex =

Save it and restart the firewall and you should be fine - I donā€™t know why it gets lostā€¦

I have it. Shows:

[INCLUDES]
[Definition]
#_daemon = zulu
failregex = Authentication failure from
ignoreregex =

And F2B is running?

Related perhaps? Just did a Backup and Restore - fail2ban wouldnā€™t start with this new error:

[root@freepbx ~]# journalctl -xe
ā€“ Subject: Unit fail2ban.service has begun start-up
ā€“ Defined-By: systemd
ā€“ Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel

ā€“ Unit fail2ban.service has begun starting up.
Jul 15 18:49:14 freepbx.sangoma.local fail2ban-client[11394]: ERROR Found no accessible config files for ā€˜filter.d/apache-apiā€™ under /etc/fail2ban
Jul 15 18:49:14 freepbx.sangoma.local fail2ban-client[11394]: ERROR Unable to read the filter
Jul 15 18:49:14 freepbx.sangoma.local fail2ban-client[11394]: ERROR Errors in jail ā€˜apache-apiā€™. Skippingā€¦
Jul 15 18:49:14 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: fail2ban.service: control process exited, code=exited status=255
Jul 15 18:49:14 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Failed to start Fail2Ban Service.

File didnā€™t exist so I created it and put this in it:

[INCLUDES]
[Definition]

Saved and then fail2ban will start - Donā€™t know why this is happeningā€¦

There are a couple other threads from the past two days on this issue.

No one has responded. Any ideas? I need to migrate this box

I am getting this (ā€œIllegal string offsetā€¦ā€) on a fresh install of 15. Running that sysadmin hook doesnā€™t help here.

Same problem after backup restoration on a fresh install.
Below fixed my issue:
fwconsole ma disable extensionroutes
fwconsole ma remove firewall sysadmin
fwconsole reload
fwconsole ma downloadinstall sysadmin firewall
fwconsole ma enable extensionroutes
fwconsole reload
/var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/hooks/fail2ban-apache-config
service fail2ban start

Obviously Iā€™ve lost my firewall configuration but not a big deal for me, what matters is that it works again. Hope it helps you too.

Removing firewall & sysadmin and then reinstalling them worked for me. Thanks.

Note that this was not a backup/restoreā€¦ I do not know how this server got into this state.

Does not work for me. I ran all your commands and still get same error