UCP unable to connect to UCP node server

(Clark Nielsen) #1

After some updates this weekend, I get the following error when any user logs into UCP. "Unable to connect to the UCP node server because: ‘Error: xhr poll error’ " This occurs after any user logs into UCP and it is in a red bar at the top of the screen.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should go to troubleshoot this issue?

Unable to connect to the UCP Node Server because: 'Error: xhr poll error

I have ran into this issue from time to time. If you have console access, issue this command: fwconsole start ucpnode
If it’s already running, as in my most recent case, then you need to restart it. fwconsole stop ucpnode followed by fwconsole start ucpnode

I used this post to solve my issue:

Hope that helps,
-Eric

(Clark Nielsen) #3

Eric,
Thaks for your suggestions! I really appreciate your help. I tried that and here’s the output:
"[root@phoneserver ~]# fwconsole start ucpnode
Running FreePBX startup…
Setting Permissions…
Collecting Files…Done
5403/5403 [============================] 100%
Finished setting permissions
Unable to run Pre-Asterisk hooks, because Asterisk is already running on PID 1982 and has been running for 6 hours, 26 minutes, 48 seconds
Starting UCP Server
UCP Server Failed to run: ‘runuser -l asterisk -c “cd /var/www/html/admin/modules/ucpnode/node && mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/ucp && mkdir -p logs && export FOREVER_ROOT=/var/lib/asterisk/ucp && export ASTLOGDIR=/var/log/asterisk && export HOME=/home/asterisk && npm start”’

I’m guessing that it’s a port issue in my case. Any suggestions on where I’d go to fix that?

(Clark Nielsen) #4

I found a solution that worked for me. Eric, thanks again for your help, it pointed me in the right direction. I think my issue had to do something with the ports, so I decided to uninstall, remove and then reinstall, but when I went to reinstall, it wouldn’t let me, so I used the following console commands:
yum remove nodejs
yum remove npm
yum install nodejs
amportal a ma uninstall ucpnode
amportal a ma remove ucpnode
amportal a ma download ucpnode
amportal a ma install ucpnode

This solution worked for me.

Great! I was going to suggest exactly that. I assumed you were at the latest version and that’s my fault. Glad you found the answer.

(Don) #6

I have had this problem ever since I installed Fax Pro. Have tried both of these solutions and neither worked for me. One note on the second command ‘yum remove npm’, this is what I get:

'#yum remove npm
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Setting up Remove Process
No Match for argument: npm
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Package(s) npm available, but not installed.
No Packages marked for removal

Any other suggestions for this?

Don,

The yum npm error just means you are trying to remove a package that is not installed. Are you on FreePBX 13? What happens when you do ‘yum install nodejs’? Does it install?

-Eric

"Unable to connect to the UCP Node Server"
(Don) #8

Yes, I am on FreePBX 13. I believe all the other commands worked fine. This seems to be related to the TLS in Settings / Advanced Settings, and then under the UCP NodeJS Server section, I can disable the ‘Enable TLS for the NodeJS Server’ and the error goes away for a short time. This setting automatically re-enables itself and the problem comes back. I do have an SSL Certificate installed and working properly. The TLS Certificate and TLS Private Key paths look fine.

(Andrew Nagy) #9

Have you restarted the server since you installed the certificates?

If you aren’t using Conferences Pro or XMPP you can uninstall ucpnode.

(Brazil) #10

Looked for a solution everywhere. The solution for me was using:

fwconsole ma install ucp

not fwconsole ma install ucpnode as most of discussions says

(Lorne Gaetz) closed #11