UCP Spinning Gear - Unable to Login

UCP was previously working in a 6+ month old install but has now stopped. When accessing the UCP URL, the page appears with a cloud / spinning gear. I assume this happened during an update cycle, but I cannot determine exactly when as the UCP module is seldom used. I would appreciate any help that would keep me from doing a fresh install.

PBX Version:15.0.16.61
PBX Distro:12.7.6-2002-2.sng7
Asterisk Version:15.7.3

  • Issue occurs on all browsers (attempted Chrome / Edge / IE) from all sources.
  • Attempted rolling back UCP incrementally from 15.0.6.17 to 15.0.6.3 without success.
  • Performed UCP module remove and reinstall without success.
  • XMPP / Zulu / iSymphonyV3 disabled, all other modules enabled / updated.
  • No issues with accessing / using admin site.
  • Same result when UCP accessed via dedicated port or via /ucp.

ucp_out.log
2020-07-08 16:28 -06:00: Starting FreePBX…2020-07-08 16:28 -06:00: FreePBX is Ready!
2020-07-08 16:28 -06:00: Asterisk version is: 15.7.3
2020-07-08 16:28 -06:00: Loading all UCP Modules…
2020-07-08 16:28 -06:00: Loading…conferencespro.js
2020-07-08 16:28 -06:00: Loading…ucphelloworld.js
2020-07-08 16:28 -06:00: Loading…xmpp.js
2020-07-08 16:28 -06:00: Done!
2020-07-08 16:28 -06:00: Server up and running at 8001 port
2020-07-08 16:28 -06:00: Secure Server up and running at 8003 port

Browser Developer View:
jsphp_2979ffa694e67e1a8d3e288b14de5b8a.js?load_version=v15.0.6.17:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: UCPMC is not defined
at jsphp_2979ffa694e67e1a8d3e288b14de5b8a.js?load_version=v15.0.6.17:1

I did a fresh demo ISO install that then goes through all module updates did not have this issue.

Per [SOLVED] Problem With UCP loading, I would be happy to try removing and reinstalling additional modules but would appreciate guidance on which modules should be removed / reinstalled.

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-21547 applies on both the fresh install (that allows login) and the spinning gear install. The same warnings are showed in the browser developer view on both installs.

The only difference appears to be the “UCPMC is not defined” error which appears in the browser developer view only on the spinning gear install.

Happy to provide more logs as needed. Thanks in advance.

Hi, are you entering with http://your-ip/ucp or http://your-ip:ucp-port ?
Are you using it internally or from outside ?

What’s the output for fwconsole pm2 --list ?

Thanks for the reply.

Only using internally.

+--------------+-------+--------+----------+---------------------+-----+---------+
| Process Name | PID   | Status | Restarts | Uptime              | CPU | Mem     |
+--------------+-------+--------+----------+---------------------+-----+---------+
| core-fastagi | 3512  | online | 0        | 1 day, 15 hours     | 0%  | 25.45MB |
| ucp          | 49548 | online | 2        | 18 hours, 7 minutes | 0%  | 50.70MB |
+--------------+-------+--------+----------+---------------------+-----+---------+

I just logged in to the admin GUI and got the following prompt for upgrades (for the first time):
tempsnip
After the upgrades, UCP is still not working (spinning gear).

I am seeing the same problem. And also see the “UCPMC is not defined” error message on inspection of page loading.

I couldn’t make any progress on this, so I reinstalled from the ISO to get things going again.
I tried multiple rollbacks / removes and re-installs on multiple modules but could not get it going.

There is clearly a bug as 1 our our PBX’s is having this issue. It is fully patched
PBX Version: 15.0.16.72
PBX Distro: 12.7.8-2008-1.sng7
Asterisk Version: 16.11.1

error: jsphp_e82f8d8fcdab203358e9348121a2a668.js?load_version=v15.0.6.17:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: UCPMC is not defined
at jsphp_e82f8d8fcdab203358e9348121a2a668.js?load_version=v15.0.6.17:1

Unfortunately, since this is a clients hosted PBX we do not know when the issue started and with 50+ extensions, VM and DID’s rebuilding is not really practical.

Should we be opening a bug ticket?

I resolved the issue by copying the UCP folder from a working PBX… we provide Hosted PBX’s utilizing FreePBX, so it was easy. This is the directory that was copied and then pasted into the the PBX with the issue. Hope this helps someone.

/var/www/html/admin/modules/ucp

This just happened again when modules were updated. In a variation of rwize’s fix, I built a new system, updated all of the modules on the new system, and then did a scp of /var/www/html/admin/modules/ucp from the new system to the broken system. After that, from the console:

  1. chown asterisk.asterisk -R /var/www/html/admin/modules/ucp
  2. fwconsole chown
  3. fwconsole ma refreshsignatures
  4. fwconsole reload

This worked. In the module admin GUI, two UCP modules were showing up - this was because I made a backup of the broken UCP module (in the /var/www/html/admin/modules directory) before starting the aforementioned copy. When I deleted the backup directory, the second UCP module disappeared from module admin after a browser refresh.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.