Trouble using Sangoma 6 to 7 upgrade tool

Have faith :slight_smile:
post_upgrade still looks like a good option…

Output of that command.

[root@localhost sbin]# /usr/sbin/post_upgrade
/usr/sbin/post_upgrade: line 41: RPMINFORMATION: command not found
######### Running distro upgrade #########
######### Starting post_upgrade on Sat Oct 21 13:00:36 CDT 2017 #########
mv: ‘/etc/sangoma/license-14408872.zl’ and ‘/etc/schmooze/license-14408872.zl’ are the same file
mv: ‘/etc/sangoma/pbx-brand’ and ‘/etc/schmooze/pbx-brand’ are the same file
mv: ‘/etc/sangoma/pbx-failsafe’ and ‘/etc/schmooze/pbx-failsafe’ are the same file
mv: ‘/etc/sangoma/pbxid’ and ‘/etc/schmooze/pbxid’ are the same file
mv: ‘/etc/sangoma/pbx-version’ and ‘/etc/schmooze/pbx-version’ are the same file
mv: ‘/etc/sangoma/schmooze.zl’ and ‘/etc/schmooze/schmooze.zl’ are the same file
######### Backing up yum configuration #########
######### Removing un-needed repofiles #########
######### Removing epel #########
######### Fixing /etc/my.cnf #########
######### Enabling and starting mariadb #########
######### Running mysql_upgrade #########
######### Restarting Mariadb #########
######### Attempting to check for internet connectivity #########
######### Aborting as we are unable to detect an internet connection. After confirming your internet connectivity, please run mv /var/run/post_sngupdate /var/run/post_sngupdate.old && /usr/sbin/post_upgrade #########
[root@localhost sbin]#

Maybe my best bet is a clean install, restore from my backup, and then attempt the upgrade to 14 again.

post_upgrade most likely has requirements that are no longer meant in the state that system is in…

Not to mention the number of broken dependencies and duplicates that even the commands meant to handle that are unable to cleanup…

It was worth an attempt but it would have been very surprising if it worked…

Have a nice day,

Nick

1 Like

Hi Brad!

I am sorry to say that I think that would be best now…

Your system seems so messed up that it sounds to me that it would be very difficult to clean up those problems since the tools meant to do it are unable to and I am beginning to wonder if you could trust the results…

I am very sorry to have wasted your time…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Ps: I would suggest that you keep the Intel network card in your system. I believe that in the long run it would be best if you use a network card still supported upstream.

Obviously as we already know that message is erroneous since you do have Internet access…

t probably depends on something which is broken on your system…

It could probably be identified and fixed but I believe that it would only break later…

Nick

How can you not have internet. Can you ping 8.8.8.8

Tony, he has Internet… He pinged earlier and I even had him dump www.freepbx.org source to see if he could actually use HTTP and not just ICMP…

On my own system I had to disable any trace of firewall rules OS-wise (ie what is there by default when the FreePBX firewall is not used) to be able to access my system which is in a different subnet than my LAN. So I wanted to be sure he did not have the kind of weird problems I had before I did that, I wanted to be sure not just ICMP was working…

It is the test that is failing, it must depend on something broken on his system and reports no Internet when the actual problem is something else…

How is that test actually done in the script?

Have a nice day,

Nick

[root@localhost ~]# ping 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=43.1 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=30.8 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=44.5 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=4 ttl=57 time=33.1 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=5 ttl=57 time=35.6 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=6 ttl=57 time=26.4 ms
^C
— 8.8.8.8 ping statistics —
6 packets transmitted, 6 received, 0% packet loss, time 5007ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 26.454/35.634/44.538/6.455 ms
[root@localhost ~]#

I appreciate everyone’s help, but I think I’ll rebuild, restore my backup, and then try the upgrade again.

Thanks!

One last thing. Go into that file and just remove the internet check. It’s filling because of your broken state. Try that and run it again.

I commented out that section

> # Check for internet connectivity
> #log_info "Attempting to check for internet connectivity"
> #wget -q --spider https://www.google.com
> #if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then 
> #       log_info "Aborting as we are unable to detect an internet connection. After confirming your internet connectivity, please run mv /var/run/post_sngupdate /var/run/post_sngupdate.old && /usr/sbin/post_upgrade"
> #       exit 1
> #fi
> #log_info "Verified internet connectivity"

I think it’s working… Stay tuned.

HTTPS, interesting…

We know that wget works but maybe SSL/TLS is broken…

That actually would not surprise me one bit… :wink:

edit: Proof that wget works in HTTP here (first few lines at the top):

@tonyclewis, maybe that could be replaced with HTTP in the future?

Nick

ya you wget is broken right now until the upgrade finishes hence why that check was failing.

Well, I have GUI and it says I’m on FreePBX 14.0.1.19. But I’m having a lot of errors. This is one of the errors I was able to grab.

PHP Startup: digium_register: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20090626 PHP compiled with module API=20131226 These options need to match
File:Unknown:0

Is there anything I can do to clean up the install to remove all the problems? Or would I need to go through them one-by-one?

I tried to re-activate the PBX thinking that may solve some problems, but received this error.

[root@localhost ~]# fwconsole sysadmin activate 14408872
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: digium_register: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20090626
PHP compiled with module API=20131226
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
Attempting to activate against deployment ‘14408872’
Running /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/bin/activate_existing 14408872
in Unknown on line 0
Asking for deployment 14408872…Error!
This deployment is already licensed to a different host. It needs to be unlinked through the portal.
[root@localhost ~]#

I can’t find out how to unlink the activation in the Sangoma Portal. Do I click “Reset Hardware Lock” under licenses for that activation?

Hi Brad!

Good news!

That’s the problem I mentioned earlier…

All your commercial modules have to be redownloaded…

The upgrade was supposed to take care of this but did not…

I could not find a way to fix all of them without having to do each one manually…

Maybe @tonyclewis knows of a way…

Nick

That’s not the issue. The issue is that the Digium php extension is compiled against php 5.3 and not 5.6. Meaning the rpm didn’t get upgraded. On my phone so can’t provide more information but don’t want you going down the rabbit hole of freepbx modules when it’s not that.

Hi Andrew!

Thank you!

I was sure it was the other issue (which, hopefully, he doesn’t have…

Would you suggest he tries a yum update to see if he is offered to update anything?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

I’m not sure if this is anything, but I got this PHP fatal error a lot during the upgrade

Downloading module ‘restapps’
Processing restapps
Verifying local module download…Verified
Extracting…Done
Download completed in 1 seconds
Detected Missing Dependency of: endpoint 13.0.70
Found local Dependency of: endpoint 14.0.2.5
Installing Missing Dependency of: endpoint 13.0.70
Checking database tables…Done
Migrating tables as required…Done
Checking Settings and Defaults…Done
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function endpoint_GetBasefile() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/functions.inc/functions_aastra.php on line 431
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Call to undefined function endpoint_GetBasefile() in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/functions.inc/functions_aastra.php on line 431
Stack trace:

1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/functions.inc/functions_aastra.php:431
    Error running fwconsole ma downloadinstall restapps - Retrying. Output was:
    in Unknown on line 0
    No repos specified, using: [standard,commercial,extended] from last GUI settings

I think this would apply (since it thinks you changed PBX because of the network card change)

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/How+to+Move+a+Deployment+ID+to+a+new+PBX

and if I read that right the answer is yes

Actually, now that I look at that, it appears to be something for the aastra phones, so I’m assuming not a big issue.