FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Transfer to VM REST-API does not accept direct extension entry

(Alex Fassas) #1

We are finishing our setup and testing before taking our FreePBX and Sangoma S505 & S705 phone PBX live. This is our first FreePBX installation. Currently the FreePBX is processing and handling all of our calls inbound and outbound, but handing the calls to our legacy analog PBX via FXS gateway extensions. We are finishing configuration to replace the legacy PBX and it’s keysets with Sangoma S505 and S705 phones, when we ran into our issue.

The Issue:
We cannot get the “Transfer to VM” phone app to work as advertised on our Sangoma phones. When we press the phone button marked “Transfer to VM”, with a live call on the device extension, we are presented with the “Dial Extension” prompt. The phone will not accept or show any digits keyed in. There is a softkey labeled “Change”. We have to press “Change” and then enter the extension number. Then several more button presses, (from memory) “Done”, then “Select”. Then the Transfer to VM occurs.

The above description is not what is shown in the Wiki for the Transfer to VM phone app. And those steps are certainly not user friendly. We have only tried this phone app at the current system software revision levels shown below.

Our installation is:
FreePBX distro firmware: 12.7.5-1902-3.sng7
Service pack: 1.0.0.0
Installed on a VMWare esxi 5.1 virtual machine.
FreePBX 14.0.5.25 on Asterisk 13.22.0
All “yum update” current as of February 16, 2019
All Module Updates current on Stable track as of February 16, 2019
using Endpoint Manager 14.0.2.188
using Phone Apps 13.0.92.30
Sangoma firmware pkg 1.51, S505 & S705 3.0.4.57

Thank you to the community in advance for your help,
Alex

How is the Transfer to VM Phone App supposed to work? conflicting information so far
(Dave Burgess) #2

Since all of the parts are Sangoma, have you tried submitting a ticket to see what settings could be messing with your call flow?

(Alex Fassas) #3

Dave,
My troubleshooting flow usually goes along this path:

1. Search Wiki for answers.
  2. Search Community Forum and other search platforms for answers.
  3. Ask Community Forum for answers.
  4. Submit ticket.

Up until now, I have never had to go past step #3. I will give the community the balance of Monday to chime in. If no help, then I will submit a ticket.

Thanks for the reply,
Alex

(Lorne Gaetz) #4

Please submit a ticket, I am seeing similar on my own phone, but unable to chase further right now:
https://support.sangoma.com

(Alex Fassas) #5

I have submitted a support ticket on this issue. Ticket ID #875451.

Thank you to the community and also to Dave and Lorne.
Alex

(Dave Burgess) #6

We appreciate your self-help ethic. The only thing is that, with the fact that all of your pieces are proprietary Sangoma, even if we (as the user community) did have an answer, this particular issue should be tracked in the Bug Tracker as well. Like I said, it’s not that we can’t or won’t help - you have paid for support from Sangoma on this issue and it’s important that, if there’s a problem with their product that the people that can fix it get the info they need.