Prepend Caller-Id on Blind Transfer

Hi,

Running FreePBX 14.0.3.6.

Wondering how to prepend something like "Xfer: " onto the callerID when blind transferring a call.

There are several reasons but here’s one: so that when a supervisor is part of a ring group, they can tell that the call is being transferred to them specifically, rather than just a general ring group call that they would let go to someone else normally. (Supervisors monitor ring groups, but don’t typically answer them, except when things are really busy.)

I saw this post from 11 years ago, but enough has changed that I don’t see how to apply it. Hopefully there’s an easier way now?

Thanks,

Tony

If the supervisor’s phone has a spare line appearance, configure an additional extension there and transfer calls to the new extension. It can be set up to have a special ring tone (in addition to flashing a different light).

Otherwise, set up a Set Caller ID to rewrite the name and point it at the supervisor’s extension. Set up a Misc Application that points to the Set Caller ID and transfer calls to the Misc Application feature code.

Something like this will get you started. It may have unintended consequences:

globals_custom.conf:

TRANSFER_CONTEXT=xfer-prepend

extensions_custom.conf:

[xfer-prepend]
exten => _.,1,Noop(Entering user defined context xfer-prepend in extesions_custom.conf)
exten => _.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=prefix:${CALLERID(name)})
exten => _.,n,Goto(from-internal-xfer,${EXTEN},1)

Thanks that looks like progress.

However upon testing, I’m getting the following error:
Channel 'PJSIP/286-00002174' from endpoint '286' attempted blind transfer to '272@xfer-prepend' but target does not exist

Common rookie mistake, you assumed that I know what I’m doing. Corrections made to the dialplan above, try it again with = characters in place of the hyphens.

Ahh, didn’t even see that.

Also need to put ${ } around the CALLERID(name).

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.