Need assistance with FreePBX and cisco-usecallmanager patch

Clear old *.so’s? I am not sure what those are that need to be clear. What’s the difference between a make install and a yum install?

So , given the patch was to asterisk 16 and you downloaded it then as I suggested

“rpm --nomd5 -ivh ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/asterisk13*rpm”

would be probably better as

“rpm --nomd5 -ivh ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/asterisk16*rpm”

The patch was for 13.32.0 not 13.33.0. There is no link to a 13.32.0 on that repository. That’s the problem I am facing.

Did you start with the

http://usecallmanager.nz/includes/cisco-usecallmanager-16.9.0.patch

?

(You wont be able to do this without a fair understanding of linux and how to compile and install fromsource)

I looked into your chan-sccp-b and the build guide doesn’t have any information for CentOS 7.6 which is what I believe FreePBX is running on.

https[colon]//github[dot]com/chan-sccp/chan-sccp/wiki/Building-and-Installation-Guide

I have compiled once. Usually I just follow a set of instructions and that is it. I don’t know what all is going on. I just follow the instructions. The problem I am having a hard time wrapping my head around is how do I translate the FreePBX instructions to the Usecallmanager instructions. They are both completely different.

I guess what I am saying is that this is going back to my question of what is the difference between “make install” and “yum install”. Because the FreePBX instructions use yum install and the Usecallmanager instructions use make install. What is the difference?

Just follow the rules at

http://usecallmanager.nz/document-overview.html

It compiles and installs asterisk as advertised, there is no need to build RPM’s or any involvement of YUM

So then I don’t need to do this "rpm --nomd5 -ivh ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/mISDNuser-2.0.19-1.5.src.rpm "? The FreePBX wants me to do that but the Usecallmanager doesn’t.

There is no specific information needed regarding centos. I installed chan-sccp-b in more than 5 FreePBX 14 distro servers and I just followed the installing from source instructions step-by-step.
Start here:
http://chan-sccp-b.sourceforge.net/index.shtml

I just linked the instructions and there are many. For Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu. Which instruction did you follow?

I think you are looking at the instructions to install pre-compiled binaries.

So I followed the usecallmanager guide and now FreePBX is saying “cannot connect to asterisk”.

I am looking in the right place http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/chan-sccp-b:/other/CentOS7/

“Resource not available”

Again, you should look on how to install from source, not the pre-compiled binary.

You can see how to install from source on this link:

So I followed the usecallmanager guide and now FreePBX is saying “cannot connect to asterisk”. I really don’t know what to do here. I was told that compiling Asterisk 16 and installing it would not effect FreePBX. Unfortunately it has and now my FreePBX is not working.

[root@freepbx ~]# fwconsole restart
Running FreePBX shutdown…

Core FastAGI Server is not running
RestApps Server is not running
UCP Node Server is not running
Chat Server is not running
Zulu Server is not running

In php-asmanager.php line 489:

fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given

restart [-i|–immediate] [–] []…

2020-05-10%2013_35_31-Window

More information… I don’t get it because at the very top it says Asterisk is running but at the bottom it’s asking if Asterisk is running.

[root@freepbx ~]# fwconsole start
Asterisk already running
Running FreePBX startup…
Taking too long? Customize the chown command, See http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/FreePBX+Chown+Conf
Setting Permissions…
Setting base permissions…Done
Setting specific permissions…
41425 [============================]
Finished setting permissions
Unable to run Pre-Asterisk hooks, because Asterisk is already running on PID 1800 and has been running for 3 hours, 39 minutes, 5 seconds
Running Asterisk post from Core module
Running Asterisk post from Dahdiconfig module
Running Asterisk post from Endpoint module
Running Asterisk post from Pagingpro module
Running Asterisk post from Restapps module
Starting RestApps Server…
[>---------------------------] 1 sec
Started RestApps Server. PID is 32747
Running Asterisk post from Ucp module
Starting UCP Node Server…
[>---------------------------] 1 sec
Started UCP Node Server. PID is 412
Running Asterisk post from Vqplus module
Queues Pro is not licensed.
Running Asterisk post from Xmpp module
Resetting PBX Users Failed: The command “node /var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/resetpbxusers.js” failed.

Exit Code: 1(General error)

Working directory: /root

Output:

Error Output:

Unable to connect to asterisk!

/var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/node_modules/freepbx/lib/freepbx.js:103
throw “There was an error with Asterisk Manager Connection, is Asterisk running?”;
^
There was an error with Asterisk Manager Connection, is Asterisk running?

Running Asterisk post from Zulu module
This product is not licensed

Bruno,

I wrote the instructions for using Chan-SCCP-B in FreePBX when I ran into this same rabbit hole of mismatched RPMs and phones that, once converted to SIP, still didn’t work right.

While I understand your desire to get this working after the investment you’ve made in the process, I’d really like to recommend you start over and use the instructions I reference here:

The solution laid out here walks you through the steps @arielgrin used to install his SCCP phones, as well as the updates I’ve made over time (something like 13 years worth). The patched Asterisk solution is really clumsy and makes your installation less secure over time.

The primary advantage of this approach is that it doesn’t actually change any of the FreePBX stuff - every resource you use (with the exception of a couple of downloads) are managed straight out of FreePBX. If you go full bore and include the SCCP-Manager (which has seen some serious improvements since Dietrich is now helping with development), you end up with a pure SCCP implementation in pure FreePBX.

1 Like

I’ll look into this I appreciate the new information.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.