Need assistance with FreePBX and cisco-usecallmanager patch

I think you are looking at the instructions to install pre-compiled binaries.

So I followed the usecallmanager guide and now FreePBX is saying ā€œcannot connect to asteriskā€.

I am looking in the right place http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/chan-sccp-b:/other/CentOS7/

ā€œResource not availableā€

Again, you should look on how to install from source, not the pre-compiled binary.

You can see how to install from source on this link:

So I followed the usecallmanager guide and now FreePBX is saying ā€œcannot connect to asteriskā€. I really donā€™t know what to do here. I was told that compiling Asterisk 16 and installing it would not effect FreePBX. Unfortunately it has and now my FreePBX is not working.

[root@freepbx ~]# fwconsole restart
Running FreePBX shutdownā€¦

Core FastAGI Server is not running
RestApps Server is not running
UCP Node Server is not running
Chat Server is not running
Zulu Server is not running

In php-asmanager.php line 489:

fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given

restart [-i|ā€“immediate] [ā€“] []ā€¦

2020-05-10%2013_35_31-Window

More informationā€¦ I donā€™t get it because at the very top it says Asterisk is running but at the bottom itā€™s asking if Asterisk is running.

[root@freepbx ~]# fwconsole start
Asterisk already running
Running FreePBX startupā€¦
Taking too long? Customize the chown command, See http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/FreePBX+Chown+Conf
Setting Permissionsā€¦
Setting base permissionsā€¦Done
Setting specific permissionsā€¦
41425 [============================]
Finished setting permissions
Unable to run Pre-Asterisk hooks, because Asterisk is already running on PID 1800 and has been running for 3 hours, 39 minutes, 5 seconds
Running Asterisk post from Core module
Running Asterisk post from Dahdiconfig module
Running Asterisk post from Endpoint module
Running Asterisk post from Pagingpro module
Running Asterisk post from Restapps module
Starting RestApps Serverā€¦
[>---------------------------] 1 sec
Started RestApps Server. PID is 32747
Running Asterisk post from Ucp module
Starting UCP Node Serverā€¦
[>---------------------------] 1 sec
Started UCP Node Server. PID is 412
Running Asterisk post from Vqplus module
Queues Pro is not licensed.
Running Asterisk post from Xmpp module
Resetting PBX Users Failed: The command ā€œnode /var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/resetpbxusers.jsā€ failed.

Exit Code: 1(General error)

Working directory: /root

Output:

Error Output:

Unable to connect to asterisk!

/var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/node_modules/freepbx/lib/freepbx.js:103
throw ā€œThere was an error with Asterisk Manager Connection, is Asterisk running?ā€;
^
There was an error with Asterisk Manager Connection, is Asterisk running?

Running Asterisk post from Zulu module
This product is not licensed

Bruno,

I wrote the instructions for using Chan-SCCP-B in FreePBX when I ran into this same rabbit hole of mismatched RPMs and phones that, once converted to SIP, still didnā€™t work right.

While I understand your desire to get this working after the investment youā€™ve made in the process, Iā€™d really like to recommend you start over and use the instructions I reference here:

The solution laid out here walks you through the steps @arielgrin used to install his SCCP phones, as well as the updates Iā€™ve made over time (something like 13 years worth). The patched Asterisk solution is really clumsy and makes your installation less secure over time.

The primary advantage of this approach is that it doesnā€™t actually change any of the FreePBX stuff - every resource you use (with the exception of a couple of downloads) are managed straight out of FreePBX. If you go full bore and include the SCCP-Manager (which has seen some serious improvements since Dietrich is now helping with development), you end up with a pure SCCP implementation in pure FreePBX.

1 Like

Iā€™ll look into this I appreciate the new information.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.