Freepbx 40- Web Gui crashed after attempting GV motif

So I tried o activate the GV motif. Immiedietly the WEB GUI crashed. Now I can’t log back in. When I ssh in it tells me there is no disk space left and won’t really let me do anything. Any Ideas on what commands I have to run to get this thing operational again?

Google Voice no longer supports the methods that GV Motif uses. Along with that Google Voice is a closed platform now, i.e. no third party connections/devices.

Disable/remove it, it’s never going to work.

Ok, I am unable to login to the web gui, what commands do I need to use to unistall through ssh?

fwconsole ma uninstall motif
fwconsole ma delete motif
1 Like

it gives me an error when I use the fwconsole ma unistall motif
i posted a screenshot of the errors I get when logging in.

I’ll post another of the error when i try the command next

Do you think perhaps it might be wise to address the disk space issue before dealing with modules?

1 Like

Absolutely, I’m new to this. There was no issue with disk space before the motif crashed it… I am unfamiliar with how to manage the disk space…

Just a guess - your experiment with motif probably generated a lot of log errors and filled up the disk with logs.

Go to /var/log/asterisk and list out the directory and delete large logs.

1 Like

Sounds like a great theory. I’m very new to this, can you walk me through how to delete the log files? I am familiar with how to ssh into freepbx but after that I have no idea how to view or delete any error messages. And the web GUI is still broken so I’ll have to do it through SSh. I’m googling for a list of commands to see if I can figure it out, but if someone could just tell me what commands to use. it would be a huge time saver, Thanks!

First, navigate to the /var/log/asterisk directory. Do this by running this command:

cd /var/log/asterisk

Then, while in that directory, try running this command:

du -a -h --max-depth=1 | sort -hr

This will tell you the size of the files in that directory, and will sort them by size. The file at the top will be the biggest, and will mostly likely be the root of your problem.

Let us know the output.

1 Like

rm -f /var/log/asterisk/full-20181207 <-- that will remove the 773M file.

I’d also be more concern that having less than 1GB of logs filled your system up.

1 Like

That seems to be an abnormally large full file, but I would be surprised if that is taking up all your space.

Try running: df -h

That will tell us how much space your system can use.

And then run: du -h / | grep '[0-9\.]\+G'

Which will tell us where that space is being used at.

1 Like

I just bought it, its a freepbx40 appliance

Run that last command as root.

sudo du -h / | grep '[0-9\.]\+G'
1 Like