Forum Login Change - Final

About 5 months ago, we announced that the Crowd single sign on was going to be phased out in favor of local user accounts. This is part of an overall strategy of FreePBX’s move away Atlassian.

For anyone who has not migrated to the new forum login method, please do so now. On or after 2024-05-05 we will permanently disable Crowd login and only support local accounts.

When you click login here in the community forum, you’ll see a dialog that looks like this:

What to do:

• If you’re already using the username and password fields displayed on the left (in the green box above) no action is required. Continue using the forum as normal
  • If you’re using the “Login to the FreePBX Community” button on the right (circled in red) you must start using the right hand fields for login. The first time you do this, you will need to request a password reset using the “I forgot my password” link indicated with the red arrow.

After May 5, the right hand buttons will be disabled permanently.

If you’re able to login to the forum, but unable to receive a password reset email, you can PM me and I will investigate.

Those who are unable to login to the forum and who are also unable to receive an email for a password reset, can open a ticket on GitHub for assistance.
https://sangomakb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FP/pages/10355381/FreePBX+Ticket+Reporting

1 Like

Reminder that Crowd login will be disabled this coming weekend.

For those who request a password reset, and don’t receive an email, check to ensure your current email address has been setup for your forum user. You can confirm your email address by clicking on your forum user icon at the upper right, choosing the person in the drop down menu and clicking Summary and then choosing Preferences.

If the email address there is incorrect, you won’t be able to update it directly in Discourse, you’ll need to browse to Crowd at:
https://sso.freepbx.org/
and login using the same credentials as your forum user. From there click the user icon in the upper right and choose “My Profile” and update your email in the screen that follows.

It will take time for the Crowd changes to sync to the forum. Once the new email address is visible in the Forum profile summary, you can proceed with the password reset.

Disabling the Crowd plugin, originally scheduled for today, Cinco de Mayo, will be postponed. I will announce a new date prior to it going into effect.

The user requirement to update login method still stands, if you’re still logging in using the old method, please review this thread.