Critical Information for all DPMA users

DPMA 3.6.3 has been published to the testing repo. Until just now, 3.6.3 RC1 was the latest version available.

# yum list asterisk16-res_digium_phone
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, versionlock
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Installed Packages
asterisk16-res_digium_phone.x86_64
[root@uc-51459655 ~]# yum list asterisk16-res_digium_phone
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, versionlock
Installed Packages
asterisk16-res_digium_phone.x86_64          3.6.3-2.sng7           @sng7-testing

> digium_phones show version
Digium Phone Module for Asterisk Version 16.0_3.6.3

Thanks @wmoon

Can confirm, using asterisk 16 and digium phones module the vm button would just blow an error when pushed. 3.6.3 works fine though, I manually installed and will wait for the rpm to come out of testing.

A DPMA update has been published for the 10.13.66 Distro. For anyone still running FreePBX or PBXact version 13 and Asterisk 13, you can upgrade DPMA to 3.4.13 using yum update

# yum list asterisk13-res_digium_phone
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Installed Packages
asterisk13-res_digium_phone.x86_64           3.4.13-1.shmz65.1.51           @pbx

CLI> digium_phones show version
Digium Phone Module for Asterisk Version 13.0_3.4.13-centos6

For those running the SNG7 Distro (FreePBX 14 and 15), DPMA version 3.6.3 is now in pkgs repo. You can upgrade to current with a simple yum upgrade or using System Updates in the GUI. Upgrading DPMA requires an asterisk restart.

1 Like

So I have seen in the last week a bunch of posts that may or may not be related to this and obviously there’s a bunch of post linked to this. What is the expected result of not upgrading. What kind of things will break? Does the whole universe implode or just certain apps stop working?

I am experiencing this now.

PBX 1 and 2:Phones are dropping off registration with Connectivity->Digium Phones area. I have done the Yum_Update procedure and am not receiving the patches I was expecting.

PBX 1 and 2: Did Yum_Update until no further updates found. Stuck at Digium_phones show version ->14.0_3.4.3 (PBX1) 14.0_3.4.8(PBX2)
Both PBX 1 and 2 are:
PBX Version: 14.0.16.4
PBX Distro: 12.7.8-2104-1.sng7
Asterisk Version: 14.7.8

PBX 3:I had a PBX break last Monday and when it was returned on Friday the phones would NOT connect at all. Once I patched using Yum_Update that particular server the phones registered without issue (D6x). In fairness that PBX was V16

Reading previous instructions and post threads it seemed my PBX 1 and 2 SHOULD update out of this.

Updates are available for FreePBX Distro 14 systems. You can confirm the yum version that’s installed with:

yum list asterisk18-res_digium_phone

substitute the actual asterisk version in place of the digits

If the installed version is newer than the running ver, restart Asterisk.

1 Like

I ran -> yum list asterisk14-res_digium_phone on PBX 1 and 2
Return -> Available Packages asterisk14-res_digium_phones.x86_64 3.4.3-1.sn7 sng-pkgs on PBX 1 and 2

If I’m reading the numbers right PBX1 (show version command) is identical and PBX2 is newer somehow?

For good measure ran fwconsole stop and fwconsole start on both to restart Asterisk

Asterisk 14 is EOL, you should be on 16 at this point:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Changing+Major+Asterisk+Versions+on+the+Fly

Fair enough. Thanks for your time.

@lgaetz So when can we expect to have to do this again? I’m assuming there is a new certificate involved and am curious as to when it expires.

A post was split to a new topic: Upgrading DPMA for Asterisk 14

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.