Call Recording Location

(Michael Coulton) #1

Hello

How can I have a call recording from any extension go into mailbox 700? Right now the recordings can be accessed via the CDR report. None of my extensions have there own mailbox’s; we all pickup from mailbox 700. I saw a picture of where the "override call recording location " is, however I can’t find this on my system.

Thanking you in advance for any information that can be provided.

(Communication Technologies) #2

What version of FreePBX?
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Change+Call+Recording+Location

Alternatively, you could make a script:

Call recording location:
/var/spool/asterisk/monitor

VM location:
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default

(Dave Burgess) #3

If you want to be able to pick up the message as a voicemail, I’m pretty sure you’re going to have to do something a little more involved than just moving the file into the VM directory.

Depending on how you want to initiate the process, I think you’re going to have to do something like ‘forward’ the message to VM using (perhaps) a Call File to “play” the file to the VM extension. Comedian Mail (which is the VM app on the server) is kind of a PITB about this stuff, so I don’t expect there to be an easy way to do this that works reliably.

advanced settings enable/display readonly settings, override call recording location

(Michael Coulton) #5

Hello
Sorry for the delayed response. I’m using FreePBX version 15.0.16.64. Has the “Call Recording Location” changed?

(Communication Technologies) #6

What @dicko outlined will tell you where the recordings are on your specific box.

(Michael Coulton) #7

Hello
Sorry, but I don’t see this under settings / advance settings / ?

Can you please take a quick screen shot for me? I must be looking in the wrong place.

(Communication Technologies) #8

As @dicko indicated, you first need to update enable/display readonly settings, which is towards the top of the Advanced Settings menu.

(Michael Coulton) #9

Okay. Thanks. I’ve changed the “Override Read only settings” to yes. So where do I instruct the system to dump all call recordings into mailbox 700?

You cant do that directly, you will have to name the recording one number higher than the current highest msgnnn.wav and create a matching msgnnn+1.txt file with appropriate but synthetic content.

All this in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/700/INBOX/

you need to do this because recordings and voicemails are very different beings.

(Michael Coulton) #11

Thanks for the feed back. It sounds a little bit more complicated than I thought. I was hoping for a setting in the extension that would allow to change the default location setting of a recorded call and directed a mailbox.

Thanks again for the feed back.

Michael

as you see, thats not going to happen, exposing your /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/ directory to a ‘web page’ of your choice would

(Dave Burgess) #13

… or you can go back to the suggestion I made back in message 2 of this thread and “forward” the recording through a Call File to the Voicemail box of your desires.

You can also listen to recordings from the Call Data Record (CDR) report and click on the files there.

(system) closed #14

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.