I’ve set up Queues and have assigned static agents. AutoPause is selected for the Queue, and “AutoPause on Unavailable” is set to YES
In testing, I’ve found the following behavior:
• An agent that has been AutoPaused after not answering a Queue call cannot UnPause while a caller is waiting in the queue with no other message playing to them.
• When (star)46*EXT is entered (via a programmed BLF or via keypad) the UnPause message plays on the Agent’s extension, the BLF button goes from Red to Green, then, it immediately goes back to Red and the agent is paused again. (we are using Grandstream phones, but this behavior should be easy to duplicate on a Sangoma or other mfg’s phone by programming a BLF enabled button)
If any announcement is playing to the caller in the queue, such as
• “Your call is first in line” or,
• an IVR announcement offering the caller choices for VM, Operator, etc.,
… then, only during this period can the agent successfully use the programmed BLF to UnPause and then take the waiting call. (unfortunately, the Agent can’t hear what is going on in the Queue to know when the caller is hearing an announcement)
There is something interfering with the ability for agents to UnPause after being AutoPaused while there is a caller in queue AND there is no announcement playing to that caller. (such as Announce Position, or, an IVR menu announcement)
I’ve tried disabling MOH for the Queue, but the result is the same regardless of this setting. Still, cannot UnPause the agent unless an Announcement is interrupting the Queue Callers idle time in queue.
This should be easily duplicated by:
• setting up a queue,
• set a Static or Dynamic agent,
• set AutoPause to either of the YES options in Queues/Timing & Agent Options
• set Announce Position to YES in Queues/Caller Announcements and set the repeat timing for 30 seconds or so
• program a BLF on the agent’s phone for 47EXT to toggle Pause and monitor Pause status
• program the IVR for a number to reach the queue
• verify the agent is not paused,
• place a call into the queue and let the agent’s extension ring until it is paused
• let the Announce Position message play to the caller and then go into idle hold mode in queue
• try to UnPause the agent from their phone using the programmed BLF button, or by entering 46EXT on the key pad.
If yours works the same as mine, this will be unsuccessful
• wait for the Announce Position message to play, then try to unpause the agent while that message plays.
If yours works the same, this will result in successfully UnPausing the agent and the caller in queue ringing through to that agent’s extension.
Our version is:
PBX Firmware: 12.7.5-1902-3.sng7
PBX Service Pack: 184.108.40.206
Anyone else have or have solved this issue?