After upgrade to 10.13.66-21 asterisk is crashing

With system-admin I just applied the 10.13.66-21 update. My asterisk is now writing a 120mb dump every 30 seconds. Asterisk can not get started. Any ideas?

I also applied the update to 3 other machines and had no problems.

I actually installed a PBXact unit just today and asterisk kept crashing over and over. Eventually it stopped but the phones are going live tomorrow so we will see. :slight_smile:

There is a bug in a narrow release window of Asterisk that is tickled by the lack of an ari.conf file in /etc/asterisk. Use the following command:

touch /etc/asterisk/ari.conf

and see if your problem goes away.

Not resolved touch /etc/asterisk/ari.conf

not sure if this is the same issue but I ran into similar with Asterisk not starting when running this update through sysadmin last night as well. I was able to resolve mine by rolling back as posted by Tyler in:
https://community.freepbx.org/t/10-13-66-21-update-lead-to-segfault/42974

command:
yum downgrade asterisk13*-13.16.0-1.shmz65.1.173

Can someone please provide us with the core dumps!?

The “yum downgrade asterisk13*-13.16.0-1.shmz65.1.173” worked.
Sorry Andrew, I just erased the last core dump right before I sow this.

Lorn

10.13.66-21 Killed my system… I’d hold off on any upgrades for the time being

@Bullet Please provide more information. It helps everyone.

Asterisk was crashing every few seconds… I did a downgrade and it’s back up now. ‘yum downgrade asterisk13*-13.16.0-1.shmz65.1.173’

Where are the core files located?

Found them… I got 9 of them do you want one?

Sure. On our wiki it documents how to process them.

Do you have the digium phones asterisk module installed?

Digium Phones Config is installed, is that what you’re asking about?

No. I am asking about the dpma module. Please let me know when you gave uploaded the dumps.

Where do I check to see the dpma module? I looked at the wiki last night and could not find anything about uploading core dumps.

This is all I can find…

Digium Phones is disabled

The DPMA module is not licensed.
Digium Phone Module for Asterisk

Can anyone please run these two commands:

cat /etc/asterisk/modules.conf
yum list asterisk13-res_digium_phone

I typed “core dump” into the search box and I found this https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-Backtraces(Segfaults/CoreDumps/AsteriskCrashing)

Also note you have to run this against the version you are running. EG if you had Asterisk 13.17 and it core dumped and then you rolled back to 13.16 you can’t run GDB against this.

[root@pbx tmp]# cat /etc/asterisk/modules.conf
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
;          Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX.             ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; For information on adding additional paramaters to this file, please visit the ;
; FreePBX.org wiki page, or ask on IRC. This file was created by the new FreePBX ;
; BMO - Big Module Object. Any similarity in naming with BMO from Adventure Time ;
; is totally deliberate.                                                         ;

[modules]
autoload=yes
preload = pbx_config.so
preload = chan_local.so
preload = func_db.so
preload = res_odbc.so
preload = res_config_odbc.so
preload = cdr_adaptive_odbc.so
noload = chan_woomera.so
noload = pbx_gtkconsole.so
noload = pbx_kdeconsole.so
noload = app_intercom.so
noload = chan_modem.so
noload = chan_modem_bestdata.so
noload = chan_modem_i4l.so
noload = app_trunkisavail.so
noload = chan_alsa.so
noload = chan_oss.so
noload = app_directory_odbcstorage.so
noload = app_voicemail_odbcstorage.so
noload = chan_modem_aopen.so
noload = chan_woomera.so
noload = cdr_radius.so
noload = cel_radius.so
noload = cdr_mysql.so
noload = res_phoneprov.so
noload = res_config_ldap.so
noload = res_config_sqlite3.so
noload = res_clialiases.so
noload = chan_mgcp.so
noload = cdr_custom.so
noload = app_minivm.so
noload = cel_custom.so
load = format_wav.so
load = format_pcm.so
load = format_mp3.so
load = res_musiconhold.so
[root@pbx tmp]# yum list asterisk13-res_digium_phone
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
base                                                     | 2.0 kB     00:00     
extras                                                   | 1.3 kB     00:00     
pbx                                                      | 2.9 kB     00:00     
schmooze-commercial                                      | 2.9 kB     00:00     
updates                                                  | 1.3 kB     00:00     
Installed Packages
asterisk13-res_digium_phone.x86_64           3.4.1-1.shmz65.1.46            @pbx