After upgrade to 10.13.66-21 asterisk is crashing

fwconsole ma upgrade framework
fwconsole restart
yum upgrade asterisk13*

Just performed upgrade from 10.13.66-19 to 10.13.66-21. Upgrade log has no warnings and completed successful. System returned with asterisk, restapps, ucp, and zulu process failures. Restart of asterisk returned failure. Rebooted and all but restapps returned. boot.log shows RestApps is not licensed.

Since I have been away from freepbx (2.11) for a while, are there any hints for troubleshooting while I pour through log files?

1 Like

Additional informationā€¦

Asterisk service fails. A restart attempt creates core dumps.

[root@blpbx01 asterisk]# service asterisk restart
Stopping safe_asterisk: [ OK ]
Shutting down asterisk: [FAILED]
Starting asterisk: [ OK ]
[root@blpbx01 asterisk]# /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 171: 12193 Segmentation fault (core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY ā€œ${ASTSBINDIR}/asteriskā€ -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} > /dev/${TTY} 2>&1 < /dev/${TTY}
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 171: 12975 Segmentation fault (core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY ā€œ${ASTSBINDIR}/asteriskā€ -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} > /dev/${TTY} 2>&1 < /dev/${TTY}
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 171: 13722 Segmentation fault (core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY ā€œ${ASTSBINDIR}/asteriskā€ -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} > /dev/${TTY} 2>&1 < /dev/${TTY}
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 171: 14659 Segmentation fault (core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY ā€œ${ASTSBINDIR}/asteriskā€ -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} > /dev/${TTY} 2>&1 < /dev/${TTY}
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 171: 15402 Segmentation fault (core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY ā€œ${ASTSBINDIR}/asteriskā€ -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} > /dev/${TTY} 2>&1 < /dev/${TTY}

Just had the same issue this morning. Rolled back to asterisk 13.16.01 from 13.17 and all is well now

command:
yum downgrade asterisk13*-13.16.0-1.shmz65.1.173

touch /etc/asterisk/ari.conf

Same issue, after a reboot the update screen has the error:
fopen(http://upgrades.schmoozecom.net/updates.php): failed to open stream: Connection refused

@jfinstrom Could you elaborate a little more?

There was a version of asterisk that would crash on a missing ari.conf the latest asterisk version should correct this. Short of seeing a core dump there is no way to know if this is the issue

There is some server stuff happening right now. I donā€™t work on that stuff so I am unsure if it is related. I have poked the people in charge of it.

All the logs show a successful update, so I donā€™t think it was your server. Also, I have an ari.conf. I can share dump file. Where is asterisk dropping the file?

url is back online

Where do you want core file?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-Backtraces(Segfaults/CoreDumps/AsteriskCrashing)

Hi everyone. We have applied fixes to all Asterisk versions to avoid this crash. Upgrade to any of the versions below

Sangoma 6 Distro

asterisk14.x86_64 0:14.6.0-2
asterisk14.i386 0:14.6.0-2
asterisk13.x86_64 0:13.17.0-2
asterisk13.i386 0:13.17.0-2

Sangoma 7 Distro

asterisk14.x86_64:14.6.0-3.sng7
asterisk13.x86_64:13.17.0-3.sng7

I have a PBXact unit doing this. What do I need to do?

Okay I only ask because we are told never to manually run updates on PBXact modules from you guys. Itā€™s frowned upon. Thank you.

I just upgraded to 10.13.66-21 and all our phones went offline. I rebooted the server and the phones are working online again but BLFā€™s all all greyed out/not lit depending on phone type. You can press the button and call them but ext monitoring quit working.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Asterisk 13.18 is crashing

hi iā€™m having kind o the same problem can you tell me how to bring back up the server

hi having the same problem here how to upgrade when i try to it show segfault at