Why I can’t link Linphone with my PBX?

Please answer a few questions:

1. Why do you want a PBX (phone system for your business, system for your home, lab to learn about VoIP, etc.)? I hope it’s not to build systems to sell to others; I’d sure hate to be your customer.

2. What endpoints will you be using (IP phones, ATAs, softphones, mobile SIP apps)?

3. Why do you feel that a VPN is somehow an important ingredient? Calls can be encrypted with TLS and SRTP, and will be in the clear between your trunking provider and the remote end anyhow.

Because he wants to spoof his Caller ID to make it look like its coming from someone else. Hes stated this in all his million posts… I would say its for questionable purposes if not completely illegal…Hence why hes been banned and keeps coming back under different usernames…

I am not an expert in caller id even less in all that is PBX ^^ but I believe that it is necessary that the supplier authorizes this kind of thing thus the modification of the caller id…
And my SIP provider is french so I doubt I can do that

1 - Not at all, it’s for personal use, I don’t know much about it so …

2 - i wang to use à softphone (Linphone)

3 - I don’t know I just want to be “secure” I don’t know anything about TLS, etc

On the other hand my vpn I trust it a lot

Here are my answers, hoping they answered your questions

I would note that so far, and I’m talking to all of you, you are plainly not “interested in the information” at all. You just want someone else to do your homework for you.

Please come to terms with that and take a long vacation to do some research yourselves .
Everyone else here who you continue to try to milk has done that, now it’s your turn.

(Obviously not so cordially)

1 Like

You still didn’t answer the question.

What are you trying to achieve with your PBX? Elaborate on “for personal use”… You might not even need a PBX and sure not a VPN.

I don’t know much about this subject but apart from calling I don’t really see why I would need a PBX and as far as the vpn is concerned I’ve already explained it above, I don’t necessarily need it but I prefer to have it when I’m using my ip address

You can do so fun any mobile phone. No PBX needed for that technology…

VPN won’t always hide malicious work.

As stated above, then just buy a cell phone.

seriously thank you for your great advice but just a confirmation that what I quoted above is good would be enough for me

It’s good

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.