What would you like to see added in FreePBX 15?

Here are my suggestions:

1. Please add a white-list module. This module is critically needed to combat the scourge of spam calls. A description of how such a module would work can be found here:

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-14488

I am willing to contribute $$ to get this to happen as an open-source official FreePBX module.

1. Please release comprehensive, updated documentation at the same time that 15 is released. Ideally, it would be baked into the GUI. I’m willing to volunteer to write the documentation, but I need access to the devs so that I can ask questions and get answers to include in the documentation.

2. Please don’t make GUI changes UNLESS they add functionality or increase the speed of configuration. Examples of changes to avoid are removing often-used shortcuts, changing free-form text entry fields into multiple, individual boxes or pull-downs, and adding additional tabs that must be navigated to reach certain fields. I’m sure that there others.

A basic test of changes that slow configureation: If it takes longer to change a setting after you’ve made the GUI change or it makes it take longer to set-up a brand new PBX, without adding a new feature, it’s bad.

An example of a GUI change that would speed-up configuration is the elimination of the tabs in the Trunks and outbound routes modules. The + and - also hinder configuration in that they hide configuration options and make them harder to find.

1. The voicemail module also badly needs re-writing. I understand that Asterisk provides basic VM functionality in one of their modules, but you could re-write VM (if you wanted) using the same commands used to build an IVR and make it much better than what Asterisk provides.
1 Like