What would you like to see added in FreePBX 15?

working example shown here - when you set it up - send a test , remember the destination email must domain must be the office 365 domain … send the test , watch the debug … 250 ok then removed and you’re golden

at times ive seen the mail debug show a rejection and a message directing one to a site to authorize the IP

Ok Sorry I thought you were talking about the Office 365 button. So if I want to use outlook.com Which button do I use.

Feel free to move my post…

Make users 1xx extensions, execs 2xx. Setup 2 phone templates-- one for the users and one for execs. Modify the dial string in the users template where it cant dial 2xx. Execs can dial 1xx and 2xx. Some variations of this could exist, this is just one example.

We’ve also done setups where the BLF’s for the execs on user phones was labeled “CEO” but actually went to the receptionist.

Amazon Lex Integration.

1 Like

I have installed Distro 7 I can’t seem to find the setting to enable MP3 recording.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AAnneFLA0MNHJqpR9sWPPyb6WhfhTJwsFnY/

Above is a screenshot to the recording formats options however there is no MP3 option.

Is it somewhere else?

That setting is static. You can’t enable mp3 recordings that way.

Ability to delete CDR logs older than $Amount of months.

3 Likes

auto update of modules as well. When the auto updates part was mentioned for v14, I thought that would include the modules, not just “under the hood” stuff.

It does both

How the hell did I miss that. :slight_smile:

I noticed that here on the forum, when Sangoma employees talk about estimated release dates of features, update scripts, modules, beta software, etc., the estimations are almost always way too optimistic and not realistic.
The actual release dates turn out to be months later.

That’s not necessarily about FreePBX 15, but more of a general, friendly feedback.
No offense, just something I have noticed and wanted to mention.
:wink:

You have just described the entire software industry.

7 Likes

Is this the method you are recommending?

I am requesting it to be added to that dropdown. Just click “save as mp3” and be done. That would make things a lot easier then having to configure scripts.

I’m curious why there is demand for this feature. There is usually no problem playing the (mono, 16-bit samples, 8 kHz sampling rate) .wav files in Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android. At 128 kbps, the files aren’t terribly large (1 TB is > 16,000 hours of conversation). And if for some reason lossy compression was desired, I’d choose a format (OPUS, AMR-WB, perhaps AAC) with less degradation for a given bitrate.

I previuosly mentioned Flash Operator Panel functionality. Specifically it would be nice for a main reception console to be able to have a list of all extensions and ring groups and then be able to drag and drop an incoming call onto an extension or ring group or queue, or even directly to an extensions voicemail. This is very much needed in larger deployments.

2 Likes

Flash is slated to die at the end of 2020 (and hopefully that date is kept IMO) — is the flash operator panel a holdover name that a new HTML/JS version uses? I haven’t used said operator panel so I’m not familiar with it. If it does indeed refer to an Adobe Flash version it may not be wise to put more development effort into it.

Yes, it’s html5

1 Like

I would like to have an option to create inbound routes per dahdi channel and not only per DID.

This is for the actual recordings of the calls, not the system recordings. For call recordings difference between wav and mp3 is gigabytes.

What bitrate are your .wav files? Your .mp3 files? And why .mp3 instead of OPUS or another modern codec that provides less degradation for a given bitrate?