Want to recognize and morn the loss of Cynjut, a kind and and gifted leader in our community

This week our community lost Dave Burgess (Cynjut).
Dave was a very active and generous leader in our freePBX community.
I knew Dave personally, and credit him with my love for telephony.
I am grateful for the time and help he afforded me over the last 20 years.
His presence on this forum and in the wider community will be missed.
David B. Burgess 1957 - 2022

25 Likes

As will I miss him and honor him, go in peace Dave.

9 Likes

He helped me get started with FreePBX/Asterisk a few years back though my interaction with him in these fourms. We have come along way in our understanding since then, but we could not have done some of the things we did without his advice and guidance. Thank you Dave!

6 Likes

Been working with him for the last almost 15 years originally as a good customer and ultimately a peer and friend

RIP

8 Likes

301 Moved Permanently

Thanks for everything Dave.

8 Likes

Well this is crappy news. RIP.

8 Likes

Dave was one of the very few community members who recognized newbies and took the time and patience to write lengthy posts explaining, in detail, the problem, solution and then his advice on how to go about it.

His community profile has the ‘Leader’ badge to which I think we can all agree to, he was an example of an Open Source Contributor.

We still had Dave with us at the very recent #OpenSourceLounge

May he RIP

14 Likes

We could all do with being more like Dave. What a splendid friend and role model.

Be at peace, Dave.

10 Likes

Many times Dave helped me. Thanks Dave RIP

4 Likes

Thanks, Dave. RIP

4 Likes

He helped me several times and increased my understanding of FreePBX.

RIP, Dave

3 Likes

The father of Sccp_manager, and probably many other modules; thanks Dave.
RIP.

3 Likes

We, too, had the pleasure to work with Dave many times over the last 15 years or so. He was a genuinely good-spirited person eager to help just about anyone who needed it. He will be missed.

5 Likes

I read a lot of Dave’s posts when I first started learning FreePBX, very helpful…RIP Dave

Here is one of his comments that Ill always remember

7 Likes

Sad news, indeed. You’ll be missed Dave.

3 Likes

I’m sad to hear about Dave. As @PitzKey said, was always helpful to newbies. His knowledge of Cisco phones was most helpful in my initial learning curve.
RIP Dave and thank you!

3 Likes

Dave as well was a good friend. Knew him for over 16 years starting out as a neighbor to my office. Was always helpful and was the guy that could solve a lot with a little.

I echo what @hwdevelopment said. His presence will be missed.

3 Likes

May his soul continue to Rest In Peace.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.