Vultr account problems looking for new provider

first of all I have people I do IT for and also I like starting conversations with people everyone wants to cut their bill when I can offer to cut someone $600 bill to $60 and I explained them very simply how the entire phone technology works and how they get ripped off they instantly want to switch they all love the one time fee model I’m afraid to do marketing I like to take my time I don’t want to get flooded I started on premise I quickly realized I want to do the cloud

If you are cutting bills from $600 to $60 then they are very desperate or very very cheap and just don’t care about their services. Who is paying for the DIDs and the usage? Who’s registering the 911 services and paying for that? What about support when something goes wrong with the system? What about backups? Failover? Redundancy?

$600/month for an office of 18-25 users is pretty normal because there is a lot wrapped in to that monthly cost that you’re not even considering. If my sales guy went in anywhere that was paying $600/month and quoted them a one time fee and $60 a month for a PBX/SIP Trunk he would get laughed out the meeting.

Those types of services (I know, it’s what I do) have unlimited usage and generally include some toll free minutes, fax pages, SMS and other services to go along with the voice and PBX features.

How does that mean they are getting ripped off?! How does any of what you offer compare to that? It would seem the opposite.

it’s 14 phones for $600 No SMS No FAX No softphone apps I have snapshots in the cloud I’m only charging them if they want to add features after setup any NAT problems or stuff like that I don’t charge I make sure the network is solid before I’ll even take them as a client if they want the redundancy I’ll add it it’s not hard to do in the cloud and I also have a local config file backup that I can always restore on a local server
and I’m always available for support but the thing is they almost never needed when you call in my phone number after hours I have an option for system down emergency press 0 and it will call me in middle of the night the $600 guy doesn’t offer it I’m the IT provider so it’s not only the phone system with the other provider sometimes they couldn’t dial numbers they don’t really have that much control over quality because they are just a reseller I decide where I want to host the server for best latency and which sip trunks to use they don’t even set up qos

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.