Vultr account problems looking for new provider

that’s an absolutely valid concern
but it’s a platform for Developers and lots of times developers are working for different companies from their office they wanted a manual verification of the card and I sent them a copy of the ID,
it’s okay to have systems in place to raise a red flag if I would be in charge I would put a strong emphasis on human interaction listen to explanations and put a system in place to verify information
relying on AI and let all the decisions to the computer system is wrong

For five bucks a month each and you want privileged treatment?

Get your own payment broker, no?

A commercial PayPal account between you and your customers and then when things go south, you get to fix it makes more sense to any one but you maybe :wink:

my ideal setup was to do a one-time setup fee and after that charging for adding features I didn’t want to deal with users payments every month, if I won’t have any options I’ll have to look into it

Apparently , nor does Vultr.

it’s their platform they can do whatever they want
you think I’ll have any problems with Google

Yes if you try the same thing, it smacks of possible fraud on every level

I talked with a salesperson from linode.com they were very understanding they told me to put in a ticket when I opened the accounts and they’ll put an exception in the system for me
but I heard about Jitter problems with them
they told me it will definitely raise Flags but they understand my business needs
and it totally makes sense to them
anyone using them?

I’d much rather be honest with our services with you.

We have a reseller account with Vultr. Our system is setup so we profit a tad off of the services. Our servers are with Vultr. We’d love to assist you in still working with them and your client still being happy.

how do you get a reseller account

We have it through WHMCS. It is an addon module that you link with an API. However it doesn’t create a bunch of sub accounts and we pay the bill for all servers monthly.

one of the things I like about voicepulse sip trunk you can have one account with as many sub accounts as you want with their own payment method a lot of companies are okay with it

Not familiar with voice pulse. I see what you are referring to though. That is sort of what we do in a way.

Yes because that does one thing that what you do now doesn’t, it holds you accountable. Those would be your sub-accounts vs just a random guy who set random accounts up in someone else’s name to match random credit cards.

you are right I understand that
but other companies have more human interaction and you can talk to someone on the phone and explain like linode.com I just want to know if Jitter and reliability for VoIP is a problem there

I haven’t heard anything bad about linode. Companies though including my own have plenty of human interaction. We have a phone number for customers to call. Vultr is interesting and I am quite amazed how you have made money setting up phone systems and basically passing the rest onto the customers. When a customer purchases a system from us we set it up for the price they pay monthly, it would be insane if we charged them and additional setup fee.

I’m an IT technician I love sitting all night and learning new things I like to do new things everyday whenever I have the opportunity to play around with something new I jump on it phone systems is one of lots of other things I do I saw how much my customers were paying for each and every desk phone so I decided to add it to my list of things I offer I’m not making that much of each set up but I love calling up these companies that charge for every phone $40 and I had a customer that paid $120 for 1 phone because they do business International and their provider didn’t even set up a good international plan I got one small provider in the area that does not even know how to program a phone system and they are just a reseller that my IT customer is paying $600 for 14 phones and he sold them like a $100 phone for $300 and there’s a lot of workers there that don’t even use their phone that’s why
so it’s just another think I’m doing I want to do this business model you can’t imagine how excited they are when I take $120 bill and make it $20

I see, we should talk more. That is what we try to do. We don’t charge by the phone we will provide 4 sip trunks and the system for $55/mo. That includes 1000 minutes, 1 phone number, and the system itself. We are a bargain compared to some of the other services. Which I almost feel like is why we have no credibility yet.

1 Like

I enjoy doing it myself I find it very easy to configure freepbx but I appreciate your offer

the local provider in the area that all my IT customers are using when I called them the second time to transfer out numbers told me that they might close if I take away all the big accounts I kind of feel bad for them because they are just the reseller and they don’t know how to program a phone system so they can’t really compete in the beginning they offered me $100 for every phone I bring to them

How do you do your marketing for this then? Our major problem right now is finding customers for our service. No clue where to start.