VoIP Innovations with PJSIP

Including Sangoma owned VoipInnovations. I love them but would love to see a better updated PJSIP guide. I figured it out on my own, no idea if it’s working 100% well but no complaints so far.

I’ve split this off from another thread because it was off topic and I wanted to ensure the reply was visible. Here’s the wiki page for setting up VI with PJSIP trunks:

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/VoIP+Innovations+SIP+Trunk+setup

1 Like

Also, the 15-year-old document was based on PJ-SIP not existing, and not (for the first couple of years) being able to use IP Authentication (which VI has been using since way before Sangoma bought them).

I have all of my systems that use VI connecting through PJ-SIP trunks. It’s about as simple as you can get.

I set up two trunks, one with each of the primary and secondary address for my outbound calls. In the primary trunk, I set up all of the incoming call IP addresses in the Match(permit) field. I don’t think it can be any simpler.

1 Like

Glad to hear that! When working on PJSIP initially one of the goals I had in mind for stuff I did was making it easier for dealing with modern ITSPs and deployments like that, thus why the match thing exists and why the foundation underneath it uses exists.

1 Like

The tricky bit (when I did the conversion to PJ-SIP) was figuring out how to get the five possible inbound IP addresses documented along with setting up the two outbounds. The permit (match) thing makes the ridiculous addressing scheme VI uses work.

Background: The addresses for inbound calls almost never match the outbound IPs for VI. There are five addresses for inbound calling, but a primary and an alternate for outbound. None of them use anything that looks like CIDR - they are all /32 addresses and some of them are conspicuously invisibly different.

Getting it set up caused at least one brain charley-horse, but once I got it done, I don’t understand why I had so much trouble with it.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.