Upgrading FreePBX from version 2.11 to 12

I have several Schmooze commercial modules licensed for version 2.11 and I just wanted to verify that those would transfer over if I went ahead and upgraded FreePBX to version 12. I deployed this from the Digium AsteriskNow distro. It is currently not in production but I’d like to avoid blowing it up if possible.

Upgrade screen shows:
FreePBX Base Version: 2.11.0
FreePBX Framework Version: 2.11.0.41
FreePBX Core Version: 2.11.0.34

If you are utilizing the same hardware, you can use the same deployment ID, and should be fine.

So I went ahead and ran the upgrade through the gui and FreePBX is not functional. Asterisk is still running but the GUI just froze and never came back. I tried manually rerunning the upgrade at the command line using the instructions on the Wiki but no go. Is it possible to simply rebuild FreePBX from a running install of Asterisk?

Does froze mean white screen or something else?

When I type in the URL of the FreePBX server it redirects to the http:///admin/config.php with nothing displayed. It does not indicate that it is loading anything else.

do this for me

amportal a dbug

Then go and reload/refresh the page. See if you get any output. Post/Paste it here

==> /var/log/httpd/error_log <==
[Wed Nov 12 13:59:56 2014] [error] [client 198.236.3.75] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class ‘Userman’A required module might be disabled or uninstalled. Recommended steps (run from the CLI): 1) amportal a ma install userman 2) amportal a ma enable userman’ in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:191\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(100): Self_Helper->loadObject(‘Userman’)\n#1 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(36): Self_Helper->autoLoad(‘Userman’)\n#2 /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/functions.inc.php(7): Self_Helper->__get(‘Userman’)\n#3 /var/www/html/admin/modules/bria/functions.inc/userman_hooks.php(20): setup_userman()\n#4 /var/www/html/admin/modules/bria/functions.inc.php(4): include_once(’/var/www/html/a…’)\n#5 /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php(209): require_once(’/var/www/html/a…’)\n#6 /etc/freepbx.conf(9): require_once(’/var/www/html/a…’)\n#7 /var/www/html/admin/config.php(99): include_once(’/etc/freepbx.co…’)\n#8 {main}\n throw in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php on line 191

==> /var/log/asterisk/freepbx.log <==
[2014-Nov-12 14:00:01] [PHP-NOTICE] (/var/www/html/admin/modules/qxact_reports/functions.inc/functions.php:13) - Undefined variable: lic_info

FYI, I tried running the ‘amportal a ma install userman’ command and got:
Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php…

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class ‘Userman’A required module might be disabled or uninstalled. Recommended steps (run from the CLI): 1) amportal a ma install userman 2) amportal a ma enable userman’ in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:191
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(100): Self_Helper->loadObject(‘Userman’)
#1 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(36): Self_Helper->autoLoad(‘Userman’)
#2 /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/functions.inc.php(7): Self_Helper->__get(‘Userman’)
#3 /var/www/html/admin/modules/bria/functions.inc/userman_hooks.php(20): setup_userman()
#4 /var/www/html/admin/modules/bria/functions.inc.php(4): include_once(’/var/www/html/a…’)
#5 /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php(209): require_once(’/var/www/html/a…’)
#6 /etc/freepbx.conf(9): require_once(’/var/www/html/a…’)
#7 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin(15): include_once(’/etc/freepbx.co…’)
#8 {main}
t in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php on line 191

Before you spend too much time on this I think I’m going to just reinstall and start over with the newest version FreePBX installer. This was a test machine and now that I’ve made some mistakes, etc I’m ready to build the pilot machine. I will definitely be more careful in the future especially once I have this in production.

Thanks for the help.

rm -Rf /var/www/html/admin/modules/bria

Will get you going again.

Thanks that did get me going again.

1 Like