Upgrade Asterisk Version from 1.8.25.0 to newest version

asterisk
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fafc189d348>

The “asterisk manager password” in Advanced settings must match the ‘secret’ you have in

/etc/asterisk/manager.conf

if it does then report back . . .

(Ahw Free Pbx) #22

It does:

See if that account is overridden in either of the “#included” files and further down the GUI page of your screen shot the user is also admin. and that AHW-PHONESYSTEM resolves to a host in the 127.0.0.1/24 network

(Ahw Free Pbx) #24

For the GUI, I don’t know what you are referring to. I also don’t know how to check if that resolves to a host.
The manager_custom is blank

Here is the manager_additional

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; For information on adding additional paramaters to this file, please visit the ;
; FreePBX.org wiki page, or ask on IRC. This file was created by the new FreePBX ;
; BMO - Big Module Object. Any similarity in naming with BMO from Adventure Time ;
; is totally deliberate. ;
[cxpanel]
secret = cxmanagercon
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
writetimeout = 100
[firewall]
secret = fpbxfirewall
secret
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = all
write = user
writetimeout = 100

(Ahw Free Pbx) #25

I got it, I had to change from AHW-PHONESYSTEM to localhost

(Ahw Free Pbx) #26

Okay, so now Asterisk is running but when I call in, i’m getting a busy signal!

Any thoughts?

(Ahw Free Pbx) #27

And now my phones are not pulling an IP address

It probably always was running, you just couldn’t get to the GUI “GraphicalUserInterface”

Now you need to provide “logs” ( or are we supposed to just guess ? :slight_smile: )

That will be down to the absence of a functional connection between your phones and a “pushing server” , likely a DHCP server of some flavor passing traffic on port udp/67 and 68 although some phones speak “bonjour”

(these logs will need to be from tcpdump)

(system) closed #30

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.