Upgrade Asterisk Version from 1.8.25.0 to newest version

The “asterisk manager password” in Advanced settings must match the ‘secret’ you have in

/etc/asterisk/manager.conf

if it does then report back . . .

1 Like

It does:

See if that account is overridden in either of the “#included” files and further down the GUI page of your screen shot the user is also admin. and that AHW-PHONESYSTEM resolves to a host in the 127.0.0.1/24 network

For the GUI, I don’t know what you are referring to. I also don’t know how to check if that resolves to a host.
The manager_custom is blank

Here is the manager_additional

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; For information on adding additional paramaters to this file, please visit the ;
; FreePBX.org wiki page, or ask on IRC. This file was created by the new FreePBX ;
; BMO - Big Module Object. Any similarity in naming with BMO from Adventure Time ;
; is totally deliberate. ;
[cxpanel]
secret = cxmanagercon
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
writetimeout = 100
[firewall]
secret = fpbxfirewall
secret
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = all
write = user
writetimeout = 100

I got it, I had to change from AHW-PHONESYSTEM to localhost

Okay, so now Asterisk is running but when I call in, i’m getting a busy signal!

Any thoughts?

And now my phones are not pulling an IP address

It probably always was running, you just couldn’t get to the GUI “GraphicalUserInterface”

Now you need to provide “logs” ( or are we supposed to just guess ? :slight_smile: )

That will be down to the absence of a functional connection between your phones and a “pushing server” , likely a DHCP server of some flavor passing traffic on port udp/67 and 68 although some phones speak “bonjour”

(these logs will need to be from tcpdump)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.