Unable to update module endpoint, it does not exist

Hi all,

I have hit the frustrating “Retrieved Module XML Was Empty” issue that seems to be the result of not renewing the support and updates for Endpoint Manager. However, as I don’t need the commercial license, I asked Sangoma for the license to be removed from the deployment and this was done last week. Hoping I could then switch to and update the free version of EPM for Sangoma phones, I then ran the usual commands but getting nowhere. I have also gone and succesfully provisioned a Sangoma phone using EPM but the issue persists.

Any idea how to get back to the free version please?

EndPoint Manager module version 16.0.79.6 or higher is required, you have 16.0.72.2

# fwconsole ma downloadinstall endpoint --force
No repos specified, using: [standard,commercial,extended] from last GUI settings

Downloading module ‘endpoint’
The following error(s) occured:
Retrieved Module XML Was Empty

# fwconsole ma downloadinstall endpoint --tag 16.0.79.6
No repos specified, using: [standard,commercial,extended] from last GUI settings

Unable to update module endpoint - 16.0.79.6, it does not exist:
Updating Hooks…Done
Chowning directories…Done

# fwconsole ma list | grep endpoint
| endpoint | 16.0.72.2 | Enabled | Commercial | Sangoma |

I have spent several hours on this already and not made any progress. It has caused the PhoneApps module to be disabled. Thanks for your help.

Do you have any other licensed commercial modules?

Just SysAdmin Pro.

I would probably be scolded if I uploaded endpoint-16.0.80.8.tgz.

A way you can get it yourself is by setting up a registered but unlicensed FreePBX and installing it, and then grabbing either the module directory (/var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint) or the endpoint-16.0.80.8.tgz.gpg out of the _cache folder.

Extract it over your existing /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint folder and run the installer, fwconsole ma install endpoint

Thanks Simon. I feel there should be a cleaner way of doing this and don’t wish to try your suggestion for the time-being.

Why are the mirrors stopping me continue on with the free version of EPM after getting the commercial license removed? That should absolutely be the right course of action if you don’t want to renew and then there shouldn’t be any sort of further workaround required.

I’m sure I moved someone off the commercial endpoint to 16.0.80 in the same way last week after doing the same without anything else being required:

fwconsole ma downloadinstall endpoint --tag 16.0.80

There’s a lot of ways it “should” work but doesn’t. See the numerous threads on the forum about people facing broken module dependencies.

Here’s another workaround that someone used recently. EndPoint Manager module version 16.0.79.6 or higher is required, you have 16.0.71 - #11 by dsubs

Thanks Simon. I have also opened a ticket and will post back here when it’s fixed and how.

I deactivated and grabbed a new Deployment ID. Following activation I was immediately offered an upgrade to Endpoint Manager 16.0.80.8 in the GUI. Problem solved, although it would be good if Sangoma could investigate and resolve this as it is a very clunky way of solving the problem, not least as SysAdmin Pro now needs to be moved over to the new Deployment ID by Sangoma support. To reiterate, this is because I had the commercial license for Endpoint Manager removed as I did not need it and no longer wish to pay the renewal for support and maintenance. I was unable to get Endpoint Manager onto 16.0.80.8 or any other free version, essentially blocked from doing so by the mirrors.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.