Unable to create request with auth. No auth credentials for realm(s) 'asterisk' in challenge

New install of the 7 , updated.

[2018-06-11 13:03:33] WARNING[26552]: res_pjsip_outbound_authenticator_digest.c:178 digest_create_request_with_auth_from_old: Endpoint: ‘XXXX’: Unable to create request with auth. No auth credentials for realm(s) ‘asterisk’ in challenge.

I have IP authentication with my provider and a SIP client. Both are done in PJSIP. Calls won’t pass through. I redirected the incoming route to the phonebook directory to isolate where the problem was and it persisted.

There are no credentials beacuse there are no credentials.

I’ve never found PJ-SIP to be the “right” choice for system that do IP authentication. I recommend you switch this connection over to Chan-SIP (typically port 5160) and use that for this specific case.

There may be a newer solution to this problem (I’ve been using this workaround for quite a few years) but the old school way has served me flawlessly, so I’m reticent to change.

I dispensed with PJSIP and my headaches went away.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.