Trying to call external number (with +44 country code) doesn't work, but calling the same number without country code does

(numbers are not real):

When I dial out +447807801234 I get this error from asterisk, and my phone (Cisco 7960) just beeps and says Reorder

NOTICE[2008][C-0000002e]: chan_sip.c:26414 handle_request_invite: Call from '301' (192.168.0.10:51499) to extension '+447807801234' rejected because extension not found in context 'from-internal'.

but when I dial 07807801234 it works - here’s the log when I call out without the country code

I’m using Asterisk 13.19.1 and FreePBX FreePBX 14.0.13.4

Thanks

You need to add a Dial Pattern to your Outbound Route that will accept numbers beginning with +. If necessary, the pattern should rewrite the number to a format that your trunk will accept.

As a guess, try
prepend: (blank)
prefix: (blank)
match pattern: +X.

It’s likely that the +447 number was shown as the caller ID, saved in the phone’s history and being used to redial. If that’s the case, you may want to set up your inbound processing to rewrite incoming numbers show they will display on your phone as 07.

(The above assumes that your server and all extensions are in the UK.) If you have locations in multiple countries you may want to set up a system where all numbers are shown beginning with the country code.)

Thanks @Stewart1 - I put this in but still get the same issue in the asterisk console that the extension is not found in the context ‘from-internal’

Cheers

Post screenshots of your Outbound Route dial patterns, as well as any Dialed Number Manipulation Rules for the trunk.

Outbound route:

Thanks!

Trunk:

Sorry, I don’t know what may be wrong. If you have Extension Routing or Class of Service modules, check that they are not restricting the call.

If that’s not it, post a log of the a failed call and perhaps another reader can spot the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.