Trouble with recordings

It gets very boring after you have heard the ducks quack a few times. but I guess some want to listen to him to kill time, I would just record the caller leg and have sox cut replace any silence longer than 2 seconds with a beep, cos after a while those 16 ‘lennies’ get repetitive.

the problem is the caller leg is recorded but once transferred to Lenny, the recording stops

That did the trick. The link to the recording is included in the CDR for the call.

I still don’t understand it all yet but that’s why I’m here.

When I look at the call history for Lenny in the UCP, I do not see any records past last Sunday. That’s another issue and I’ll do a little more exploring.

This is just for learning and experimentation.

What is “sox”?

I only have bash and no way to send the output to an audio device now.

In no way can that be true. (You need a lot more than bash to start and run FreePBX, not least of which is ./usr/sbin/asterisk. You might not have sox, but you certainly don’t just have bash.)

Then why do you care about recording? (You can send the output file from sox in the same way as you are sending recordings.)

You can use your ssh client if it has sox installed,
from the ssh client

ssh your.pbx "cat /var/spool/asterisk/monitor your file"| play  

That’s why I’m here too.

The advanced setting controls at what point in the call that the audio starts recording. A typical phone call involves two channels, for example channel 1 is an inbound caller and channel 2 is a local extension. When the two channels are connected together and talking with each other, we say they are bridged. The “Call Record Option” controls whether you want to record the audio from before the calls are bridged or only after.

Since your use case is with Lenny on the PBX, there is only one channel and therefor no bridge. You need to set this option to allow recording on a single channel.

Thanks @PitzKey, I had completely forgotten this option existed.

3 Likes

I believe you could also Answer() at the top of your [Lenny] context then use your own mixmonitor optiond recording the receive leg only and trimming silence after hangup with the Program parameter of mixmonitor.

To make it clearer, I access the server with ssh which goes to the bash shell. I am on a Windows 10 laptop which has cygwin installed and use its ssh.

I know of ways to do this with a virtualbox but not a high priority

That explains a lot.Many thanks

How about replacing flakey old cygwin with a shiny new WSL2 ?

A little bit beyond my capabilities right now but worth exploring later. Right now I’m in the mood for a Cambodia beer. It is 6 PM here in Siem Reap

1 Like

I’ve been using cygwin for years but I might look into
WSL2. Right now, I really only use cygwin for the terminal. I never really liked putty.

Tiger beer? Was there a few years ago, you might recognize my forum avatar.

I did give WSL a try a few months ago with no success. If I want Linux. I run Ubuntu in Virtualbox

I’m about 3 km from Angkor Wat. I am retired here.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.