Trouble with recordings

The keyword is “effectively”. I clicked on the reload button and watched the status bar until it disappeared.

I rebooted before I saw this post. No change. I’ll send the log after coffee.

I am confused as to why you refer to. extensions_custom.conf as a dialplan.

Why are you

“. . .confused as to why you refer to. extensions_custom.conf as a dialplan.”

? What would you prefer it be called?

I was limiting the term “dial plan” to refer to the patterns used when setting up things like outbound routes. I see it means more than that.
After I saved the file, I only clicked on apply configuration button.

The Asterisk dialplan

“The dialplan is essentially a scripting language specific to Asterisk and one of the primary ways of instructing Asterisk on how to behave. It ties everything together, allowing you to route and manipulate calls in a programmatic way. The pages in this section will describe what the elements of dialplan are and how to use them in your configuration”

Does it work now without the mixmonitor location being where it said to be?

No. I’m about to run another test and will supply log later

[root@freepbx ~]# rasterisk -x ‘dialplan show’|grep MixMonitor
3. MixMonitor(${MIXMON_DIR}${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/${CALLFILENAME}.${MIXMON_FORMAT},a,${MIXMON_POST}) [extensions_additional.conf:2128]
[startrec] 9. MixMonitor(${MIXMON_DIR}${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/${CALLFILENAME}.${MON_FMT},ai(LOCAL_MIXMON_ID)${MIXMON_BEEP},${MIXMON_POST}) [extensions_additional.conf:949]
18. MixMonitor(${MIXMON_DIR}${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/${CALLFILENAME}.${MON_FMT},a${MONITOR_REC_OPTION}i(LOCAL_MIXMON_ID)${MIXMON_BEEP},${MIXMON_POST}) [extensions_additional.conf:841]
3. MixMonitor(${MONITOR_FILENAME}.${MON_FMT},${MONITOR_OPTIONS}${MIXMON_BEEP},${MIXMON_POST}) [extensions_additional.conf:915]
[root@freepbx ~]#

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/e44428a8

then that’s Lenny is no longer recording anything. Only regular calls will be subject to your recordibg prefs.

I’m still not clear why Lenny is not recording anything. How can I make it record?

I have also noticed there are no call records for Lenny in the UCP since last Sunday.

it was recording, you turned it off, if you want it in a particular directory you need to add the /year/month/day/whatever path to the location

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Application_MixMonitor

Okay, I see by removing that by removing this line from the dialplan, I turned it off

> same => n,ExecIf($[${i}=1]?MixMonitor(${UNIQUEID}.wav))

So how do I fix it to go to the right location? I imagine I would have to modify the ${UNIQUEID} to append the date info you suggested but I do not know the syntax for that.

MixMonitor(filename.extension,[options,[command]])

`

That depends on what you mean by the “right” location, as a second guess . . .

MixMonitor(${MIXMON_DIR}${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/lenny_${UNIQUEID}.wav

perhaps?

That looks good. I’ll give it a try.

By “right location”, I mean where the recording link will be displayed in the CDR report

By default, FreePBX only starts recording once the channel was bridged, Lenny does not do that.

You can change this behavior in advanced settings.

So Lenny is not bridged?

Where in advanced settings to change this behavior? I see nothing referring to "bridged’

In advanced settings, change Call Record Option to No. (You might need to enable display and override read only settings)

The key is about getting bridged, not answered

You mean the recording options on inbound calls to be set to NO?

I don’t know what you mean by display and override read only settings
I want all calls sent to Lenny to be automatically recorded.

Settings > Advanced Settings

KEYWORD:CALL_REC_OPTION
Don’t begin recording unless a call is bridged to another channel

This is set to Yes