Trouble with recordings

I’ve configured a virtual extension to record all calls sent to it. I have made a number of test calls to it from external and internal numbers. The CDR records show no recordings.

The logs show nothing about recordings.strong text

There are five classes of call recording states. Which, if any of then, have you set to “Force”?

All are set to Force

Are there any other settings to check? The log shows no record of recordings attempted

I configured another Pjsip extension with the same recording options as the virtual extension and placed a call to an external number. Recording was successful.

From the Pjsip extension, I then called the virtual extension. Recording was not successful.

I can’t think of any other way to test this. Aren’t virtual extensions able to record? Why are calls to virtual extensions recording?

Please provide a call trace via pastebin, as well as screenshots from your setup.

As mentioned before, there is no record in the logs of any attempts at recordings.

Again, can you PLEASE:

So we can try to help you?

Guessing is hard.

Trace later this morning

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/218626fb

Exactly the reason I asked for logs…

You are using Lenny, which is overriding the recording location and is storing the recorded file in the monitor folder, which is why you don’t see it in CDR.

Look in your monitor folder, and buy me a beer :wink:

Should be a simple matter of just commenting out the recording parts of the Lenny dialplan and allow the FreePBX settings to do all the recording.

1 Like

Anchor or Cambodia beer?

Which lines in the trace show you that?

Where would the dialplan be? I only know of what’s in the extensions_custom.conf file

[Lenny]
exten => talk,1,Set(i=${IF($[“0${i}”=“016”]?7:$[0${i}+1])})
same => n,ExecIf($[${i}=1]?MixMonitor(${UNIQUEID}.wav))
same => n,Playback(Lenny/Lenny${i})
same => n,BackgroundDetect(LÚenny/backgroundnoise,1500)

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/218626fb#L236

Remove the Execif line

[Lenny]
same => n,BackgroundDetect(LÚenny/backgroundnoise,1500)

[Lenny]
;same => n,ExecIf($[${i}=1]?MixMonitor(${UNIQUEID}.wav))
same => n,BackgroundDetect(Lenny/backgroundnoise,1500)

I commented out the line but recordings are still going to monitor directory

I also removed the line completely…no joy

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/c0d432fb

line 234 suggests you didn’t reload your dialplan after your edit, some folks find it easier to just reboot after such surgery.

1 Like

Ah, but I did reload both times. I’ll reboot tomorrow

I will have to disagree with you that you effectively reloaded the dialplan, there will be a log in /var/log/asterisk/full if you did , but your log say otherwise. before you reboot

rasterisk -x 'dialplan show'|grep MixMonitor

will prove one or the other