Transfering to *ext number not working

Caller call in user answer phone. Other user at ext 500 is on the phone with another caller. User wants call to be trasfered to voicemail. user dials *500 and hit # or transfer but the call never is transfered to voicemail. user can her caller again like nothing ever happend.

Isn’t the sequence “Transfer” “*extension” “Transfer”

This is the output when I do asterisk -rvvvvv
Connected to Asterisk 11.21.0 currently running on wastewaterpbx (pid = 2315)
== Extension Changed 502[ext-local] new state InUse for Notify User 501
– Stopped music on hold on DAHDI/1-1
== Extension Changed 502[ext-local] new state InUse for Notify User 500
== Extension Changed 502[ext-local] new state InUse for Notify User 502
> 0x7f5cbc026550 – Probation passed - setting RTP source address to 10.30.20.13:5004
== Extension Changed 502[ext-local] new state Hold for Notify User 501
== Extension Changed 502[ext-local] new state Hold for Notify User 500
== Extension Changed 502[ext-local] new state Hold for Notify User 502
– Started music on hold, class ‘default’, on DAHDI/1-1
== Extension Changed 502[ext-local] new state InUse for Notify User 501
== Extension Changed 502[ext-local] new state InUse for Notify User 500
== Extension Changed 502[ext-local] new state InUse for Notify User 502
– Stopped music on hold on DAHDI/1-1
> 0x7f5cbc026550 – Probation passed - setting RTP source address to 10.30.20.13:5004
wastewaterpbx*CLI>

When i change the feature code to *20 the the ext it works just fine.

I can;t figure out what is conflicting.

It’s a collision with your “in-call” feature codes, try ##*500

Thanks for the reply.

So here is what I done so far.

I changed the direct dial prefix from * to *20 and put a call on hold then dialed *20501 which 501 is the ext i want to transfer to voicemail it transfers to voicemail. I checked the misc dest and misc everything and cant find a conflict. The only misc destinations I have are for centrex and they just push transfer then the last 4 of the number.

There are only 5 extensions on the PBX 500-505

I am going to try tomorrow to turn off the feature codes below.

Call Forward No Answer/Unavailable Activate

Call Forward No Answer/Unavailable Deactivate
User Intercom Allow

User Intercom Disallow

Thanks for all the help.

I’m guessing that your transfer button context includes a a call to flash() for Centrex transfers to work, but as SIP channels will ignore that, then you could expand your transfer context to carry-on appropriately if the call to flash() returns -1, or be conditional on what function is called on the dialled transfer number

That’s is correct. I have the same setup at another location and the * works fine transferring directing to voicemail. Only difference is the ext numbers are 300-330ish

Is your call to flash() conditional on the number dialed? I suspect that would fix it.

The flash is only used for the centrex lines. Within misc dest. The pbx at another building has the same exact setup and it does not have any issues dialing * ext# to transfer directly to voicemail

Then without your disclosure I will leave it to you, good luck.

I removed all centrex custom destinations and it still does the same thing

You would have post a debug of a call with DTMF debugging enabled on a call that failed.

Did you ever get this resolved. I am having the same or very similar issue though I have about 40 extensions and only 9 of them are having an issue 110-119

I am using the Commercial deployment tool with VVX330 endpoints and my dial string is as follows:
[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|xx.T

sorry. I am using Current Asterisk Version: 13.5.0
with FreePBX 13.0.190.7

Conflicting with feature code *11. Set it to something else in features Code admin.

1 Like

Never mind. I figured out my issue. I feel a little stupid. I had a conflict with my extension numbers and a default feature code “*1”…oops

I did get it fixed by changing the feature code.

where did you find this “feature code” I think I have the same problem…

Hi @shafekost,

I am not sure what your issue is, but all feature codes are being handled in feature code admin.

This is an old topic, I would suggest creating a new one describing your issue.