Telephone to use with Freepbx

Thanks for your reply, but isn’t the D70 a D phone?.. Also, you just sent me to a portal, what do I do, create an account?..

It is, but it is end of life.

If you don’t have a portal account, then you probably don’t have a registered FreePBX system. Which begs the question, how was this system installed, is it an official FreePBX Distro install?

Actually, I just signed in. I don’t remember ever using it… :slight_smile:

How’s this model Sangoma P310?

I have one on my desk, it’s a decent phone. As a budget model, it’s got a smaller display than the full feature D6x phone, and it does not support the voicemail app, but otherwise works as expected.

Is it POE and which model would support voicemail?

It is POE, yes.

To be clear, you can check voicemail with any phone by dialing the vm feature code and navigating the menus to listen to messages. Some phones have an app that allows you to browse VM using the phone LCD. If you want a VM app on a DPMA phone, then you want the D6x series.

O.K. I got it. And last Q… Is it plug and play?..

It means different things to different people, but I would say yes. You can configure the device in portal to redirect to your PBX and the Endpoint Manager module (which requires a registered FreePBX Distro install) can provision the phone.

O.K. I left Grasshopper for FPX and I’m trying to understand how this works. Registered FBX Distro, is that when I installed it and registered?.. I’m sorry for my ignorance, but this is new to me. I had installed this a while back and my boss at the time didn’t want it. Now I’m my own boss and I’m trying it. My business partner has a D65 not in use, can I use it in this system?. Thanks for all your help.

Yes you can use this device. It can be registered to any sip based phone system for basic calls, and if you have a registered FreePBX distro system with Endpoint Manager installed it will work as a full feature device.

It’s actually a D60. O.K. How do I install Endpoint Manager?.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Module+Admin+User+Guide#ModuleAdminUserGuide-Install

Can you use the freePBX contact manager with the Grandstream GXV3380?

Dont use any Digium/Sangoma D70 phones. They are old. The D65 (any D6x) is the new one…and if you are an Apple fanboy, like me (just rumours :wink: ), try the D80!
It’s the most advanced “Asterisk” phone!

EDIT: One more thing…all Sangoma phones are audio-only, no video. But that’s a feature not a bug. I prefer not to see the ugly faces during a call…and it limits the NSA espionage activities :wink:

Thank you all very much for your support.

I can run UCP in a chromium browser on the phone, but my computer screen right next to it is bigger :slight_smile:

What about your missed calls (and actually all calls) on your Grandstream phone? Do they show the names of the contact manager? Don’t think so :wink:

no it shows the names in my google contacts which is much more comprehensive, and being android, you can also add them there directly from the phone

ok…yet, I don’t want to use any Google service, except for the search engine, which I haven’t found any replacement yet. Anything else can be replaced without the espionage side effects :wink:
That’s the reason, why I go with the freePBX contact manager and CID-Superfecta…