Telephone to use with Freepbx

Then this phone (or any android phone) is obviously not for you :wink:

1 Like

Just curious…what names do your CDR-reports show? So your freePBX server is agnostic of all your contacts? Just Google knows all your friends? :wink:

EDIT: Just realized there is a google-contacts module in CID-Superfecta…together with the freePBX outbound CNAM module freePBX wont be agnostic…
google-contacts

Just because your paranoid, it doesn’t mean folks aren’t out to eff you. Perhaps I could interest you in a

https://freedomphone.com/

Guaranteed to be ‘scam free’ with guaranteed privacy, it’s not using Android as it’s OS or anything Google (it says so) and you need to believe it’s not really a Chinese Umidigi phone at 3x the market price, and has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with red-hats. It does tend to swerve to the right on hard breaking (actually it does that on most anything)

(Don’t get me wrong here the one in my pocket is an $169 Umidigi Bison, it’s fallen in the ‘bog’ three times so-far but still recocognizes my contacts )

2 Likes

I am not paranoid, I just read many original documents Snowden and Assange leaked/published. According to the leaked documents, Facebook and Google are just public interfaces of the NSA. Nothing in life is for free, especially Google services, Facebook and WhatsApp :wink:
I use a OnePlus Android phone, but I have my calendar and phonebook on my own OwnCloud server…and use the Chinese Android phone with non-standard settings.
I also use (actually used) the Digium/Sangoma D80 Android phone, but it has no camera and no Google/Facebook apps.
Julian Assange is still in prison in London, because the US government wants it that way! It has been three years now…just a journalist doing his job. So, no…I am definitely not paranoid :thinking::wink:

Hmm have we heard this before?. Some might consider your posit

Facebook and Google are just public interfaces of the NSA.

as just an opinion shared by some, you are welcome to that of course , so perhaps you should take it to the Hague if you have a few spare euros in your pocket and have proof of what you say :wink:

Also feel free to put any such evidence you have right here for peer review

Well lets return to the topic…what phone to use with freePBX :wink:
The ideal phone is capable of using most features of freePBX. One of the features is a central phonebook, the contact manager. I dont know the current stage regarding EPM and D-series phones. Is the contact manager supported? I still use the Digium phone config module, therefore I dont know.

That looks awesome, but pricey - do you have a problem selling it?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/EPM-Supported+Devices
Sangoma devices benefit from coming with EPM support without needing to pay for the very reasonably priced EPM module.

HeHe , no problem for folks that realize it is way more than a plain old “sip phone” where most exec models are all way north of $200, last year I bought a sh*t load for less than $220 each from Grandstream, I guess the secret leaked . . . (unfortunately I didn’t buy M$ in 1995 or amazon in 2005 :slight_smile: )

Geek it up with termux, (this adb, ssh (whatever) ), Apps like radio garden, LiveWorldNews, IP Webcam, PlutoTV, WhatsApp, AnyDesk, TuneIn Radio . . . add a portable 12v source and use it’s BlueTooth, WifI as hotspot or hotspot client, and a plastic bag and go work from the “Queen of the Mist” Steamboot

Actually I live where the power goes out a lot in high winds that phone and Mikrotik router/radio and a 65WH LeadAcid battery gets me through 48 hours of no power but network and access to my machines. (Time for a solar panel or two if SCE don’t get their sh*t together soon)

Are there two models? Here is the Grandstream Site:

And here is 888VoIP:

I would hope it’s the higher-spec? Maybe 888 has old stock?

there is a GVX3700 model , older android, smaller screen, but never tried one.

No - I looked closer - In the Top-Text for the phone, it has the matching spec:

How long have you had them going? None of the infamous screen-fading of the 2135’s from a few years ago I hope…

Getting on Covid +3 months and still bright as a button but the screen has a lot of fingerprints , it could do with a window washer/wiper, no cover for the camera but you can point it at the ceiling or use PVC tape.

It’s tempting - Video is a bonus, but the WiFi and Bluetooth along with the Tablet-Aspect make it very applicable in MANY situations - it certainly would work in any deployment situation.

Does the WiFi pass through to the Ethernet? Can you use it to feed Ethernet to a PC wirelessly?

That would be a killer feature.

It will run POE on ethernet or 12v DC if you use the the RJ45 , it can separate voice and data between WiFi and Ethernet connections if you want, it can be a hotspot if it has an ethernet connection and of course be a WiFi client for whatever you have , due to power limitations it can’t do hdmi in/out while on POE though

What video Codec do you use when you are doing Video? That’s cool that it can be a HotSpot!

Any of the usual suspects, h264 h265 V8 V9 don’t forget it’s a relatively recent android device

IP WebCam will serve http/rtsp/h264/onvif http at 640/480 30fps all day, rtsp gets ‘laggy’ with audio mis-sync

Alright - I am in - I just ordered two of them in. Several of our customers have Video-Doorbells and one of these at the front desk would be nice!

1 Like

Never done video over SIP with FreePBX on this device, but it works fine with FreeSwitch(FusionPBX) and in point to point connections, so that should be workable.

I have done some - about 8 Video-Doorbells and two Conference-Room VideoPhones over the years - it works ok as long as the bandwidth to the Server is clean - doesn’t bog the machine down either.

I will post when I have them up and going!

1 Like