System updates gets exception even after reboot

There’s a big long thread about it here:

System updates gets exception even after reboot. In summary:

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction I will give that a try on my standby server and see if it resolves the issues I am having.

@HaruSoul, have you read this thread completely and it’s solution?

ie

You have posted a screenshot which is essentially the same as what this thread was initially about…

Have a nice day,

Nick

Both Jimmyinit & HaruSoul had initially created separate threads about this, and I provided both with links to this thread. Their posts were then merged into the thread by one of the forum moderators, so it makes them look a bit odd!

On a separate note, I discovered that I had both dahdi-linux-devel.x86_64 and dahdi-linux-devel.x86_64 installed on my system at the same time. This prevented me from doing an upgrade of dahdi, and I now wonder if this was also at the root of the problems I had getting dahdi to start reliably on boot.

It definitely looks weird and I thought this usually left traces (ie some sort of comment) when this is done…

Definitely weird…

No, it cannot be…

These are headers used for programming, absolutely nothing in there is executable code or configurations which could cause problems…

It is the content of /usr/include/dahdi/ (minus tonezone.h which is provided by libtonezone-devel) when it is installed (it is on my system and it’s dahdi-linux-devel-2.11.1-1.26).

re:

# ls /usr/include/dahdi/
dahdi_config.h  fasthdlc.h  kernel.h  tonezone.h  user.h  version.h  wctdm_user.h

This is something you use when you want to “talk” to dahdi-linux, it is only used during compilation of something that needs to communicate with the “services” offered by dahdi-linux…

Have a nice day,

Nick

I thought it did it in the thread it was merged as well but it looks like I was wrong, thank you!

Have a nice day,

Nick