System Admin stuck at Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 15.0.21.75 on FreePBX Distro/Appliance

I bought a FreePBX 40 appliance and am trying to use it but I cannot apply any changes. When I try I get the error “Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class 'Firewall’A required module might be disabled or uninstalled. Recommended steps (run from the CLI): 1) fwconsole ma install firewall 2) fwconsole ma enable firewall”

So I run those commands and the last one gives me " Module firewall cannot be enabled". So I looked at the Module Admin section of the GUI and the firewall module says " The Module Named " System Admin " is required, but yours is disabled because it needs to be upgraded. Please upgrade System Admin first, and then try again."

Looking at System Admin I see that it is “Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 15.0.21.75” so I set it to upgrade and enable. I process that and it starts the update and then crashes to a page with the same firewall error above.

Nothing happens to System Admin, so the firewall cannot be updated, so I cannot apply changes.

How to I get the System Admin module to update and enable?

SSH into the system and run:

fwconsole ma install firewall
fwconsole ma enable firewall

As I said, I tried that. When I enter the second command I get Module firewall cannot be enabled. I’m running those commands from the local console.

Try

fwconsole ma downloadinstall sysadmin --tag 15.0.21.75

I don’t think it worked, I’m still seeing it out of date in the GUI. The "Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class 'Firewall’A required module might be disabled or uninstalled. Recommended steps (run from the CLI): 1) fwconsole ma install firewall 2) fwconsole ma enable firewall” shows up when I run that command too. It pops with almost every command.

2021-08-16%2013_44_37-root%40freepbx_~

Make sure you update the system first.

yum upgrade

Then run module updates.

fwconsole ma upgradeall

If the module updates fail, then you can force individual ones as noted above.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.