State of Backup & Restore?

Hello All,

I’m just trying to get clarification on this subject because I make daily full backups of several servers with the thought that I will simply be able to install a new box, restore and walk away.

Unfortunately in an internal server upgrade after 5 attempts I see that’s not the case.
We run internally a FreePBX ISO 12.7.6-1910-1.sng7, we installed on new hardware the same ISO and made sure both OLD and NEW were fully current with updates both modules and OS.

After downloading the 5GB backup file, uploading it to the new server, in the restore process, certain things still aren’t there.

I can see that custom audio files aren’t restored in any of the attempts.
A few times user voicemail wasn’t restored.
In a few cases issues occurred with IAX connections not working.
EPM items are not restored, no MAC, templates, custom firmware settings.

So I want to reach out and ask, what items are known to work and which aren’t.
While we don’t always get the option to just go back to the old server and rsync files, or backup configurations, we can at least take some basic steps to gather as much of that data every so often to minimize the impact in the event of a server crash.

If you have any notes, scripts or suggestions, I appreciate you sharing here.

Just feeling a little concerned (OK a lot) after our internal restore issues.
This is one of those things I feel needs to be rock solid.

Thanks!

What ver of backup module.

14.0.10.7 was the newest an update would provide, now in checking after your question I see the “target” new system is running 15.0.8.68, but I read that 15 can restore 14 and thought that was a safe upgrade method?

PS failed another attempt last night, where a lot did work, but editing an extension failed system ( opened a ticket )

Side Question: I have seen this issue with versions of modules being different with the same FreePBX version, is there something intentionally done here?

OK, I gave up on the 14 Backup to 15 Restore.

I upgraded the 14 box currently fully updated with module updates, yum and fwconsole ma upgradeall.

I’m running:
Current PBX Version:
Current System Version:
12.7.6-1910-1.sng7

Backup & Restore15.0.8.68

I execute a FULL backup, it goes through the whole process, gives a few warnings but “generated a backup file” so it claims located:
Finished created backup file: /var/spool/asterisk/backup/Full-Backup/20191119-134554-1574189154-15.0.16.27-478815417.tar.gz

When I navigate there, it’s not there. I erased the backup job, named it something else without a hyphen, same result.

In digging around I found the file in /var/spool/asterisk but its 182M, the backup file should be somewhere around 4-5GB (previous version full backups were that size).

I didn’t bother trying to restore the fresh box because I’m sure something is missing.

Full log file is attached from the backup job. ( it’s a txt file just rename the tgz extension to txt )

I’m really starting to get frustrated with this, I need to move this to new hardware and am concerned with backups from other PBX’s not going to work when trouble hits.

FreePBX-15-Backup-Log.tgz (53.4 KB)

One other note is in the backup log it says:
Could not backup module ringgroups because it depends on callrecordings which is not enabled. Please enable callrecordings

All modules with record in the name are enabled, I even went as far as force re-installing it with the same result.

I also erased the local storage ( since it was from the 14 version ) and re-created it using filestore in the same place, and the backup still stored it in the wrong place.

Being time sensitive to get this done, I went ahead and ran the restore to the brand new server.
As it was nearing the end, I got a failed message :frowning_face: , entire screen info below:

Running with: /usr/sbin/fwconsole backup --restore='/var/spool/asterisk/backup/uploads/20191119-152903-1574195343-15.0.16.27-1444306460.tar.gz' --transaction='7fc58566-ccb0-4425-abe8-a5fa4ce026d8' Determining backup file type...type is current Starting restore job with file: /var/spool/asterisk/backup/uploads/20191119-152903-1574195343-15.0.16.27-1444306460.tar.gz Extracting Backup Extracting backup... Backup extracted to /tmp/backup/7fc58566-ccb0-4425-abe8-a5fa4ce026d8. These files will remain until a new restore is run or until cleaned manually. Processing userman Resetting userman module data Remove all User Management tables Dropping table userman_users...Done Dropping table userman_users_settings...Done Dropping table userman_groups...Done Dropping table userman_groups_settings...Done Dropping table userman_directories...Done Updating tables userman_users, userman_users_settings, userman_groups, userman_groups_settings, userman_directories...Done Generating CSS...Done Restoring from userman [FreePBX\modules\Userman\Restore] Cleaning table: userman_directories Cleaning table: userman_groups Cleaning table: userman_groups_settings Cleaning table: userman_users Cleaning table: userman_users_settings Done Processing pm2 Resetting pm2 module data Installing/Updating Required Libraries. This may take a while...The following messages are ONLY FOR DEBUGGING. Ignore anything that says 'WARN' or is just a warning Found npm-cache v0.7.0 Running installation.. [npm-cache] [INFO] using /home/asterisk/.package_cache as cache directory [npm-cache] [INFO] [composer] Dependency config file /var/www/html/admin/modules/pm2/node/composer.json does not exist. Skipping install [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] using package-lock.json instead of package.json [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] config file exists [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] cli exists [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] hash of /var/www/html/admin/modules/pm2/node/package-lock.json: 43731e1dc0c99ce297140501f0498590 [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] running [npm install]... npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: [email protected] (node_modules/fsevents): npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for [email protected]: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"x64"}) up to date in 2.377s [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] installed npm dependencies, now archiving [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] archiving dependencies from /var/www/html/admin/modules/pm2/node/node_modules [npm-cache] [INFO] [bower] Dependency config file /var/www/html/admin/modules/pm2/node/bower.json does not exist. Skipping install [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] installed and archived dependencies [npm-cache] [INFO] successfully installed all dependencies Finished updating libraries! Generating CSS...Done Restoring from pm2 [FreePBX\modules\Pm2\Restore] Importing Advanced Settings from pm2 Done Processing certman Resetting certman module data Dropping table certman_mapping...Done Dropping table certman_csrs...Done Dropping table certman_certs...Done Dropping table certman_cas...Done Updating tables certman_mapping, certman_csrs, certman_certs, certman_cas...Done No Certificates exist Generating default CA...Done! Generating default certificate...Done! Generating CSS...Done Restoring from certman [FreePBX\modules\Certman\Restore] default already exists! Done Processing core Resetting core module data Dropping table trunks...Done Dropping table pjsip...Done Dropping table sip...Done Dropping table dahdi...Done Dropping table iax...Done Dropping table indications_zonelist...Done Dropping table devices...Done Dropping table users...Done Dropping table incoming...Done Dropping table outbound_routes...Done Dropping table dahdichandids...Done Dropping table outbound_route_patterns...Done Dropping table outbound_route_sequence...Done Dropping table outbound_route_trunks...Done Dropping table outbound_routes...Done Dropping table trunk_dialpatterns...Done Updating tables trunks, pjsip, sip, dahdi, iax, indications_zonelist, devices, users, incoming, outbound_routes, dahdichandids, outbound_route_patterns, outbound_route_sequence, outbound_route_trunks, outbound_routes, trunk_dialpatterns...Done Migrating pickup groups to named pickup groups Migrating call groups to named call groups Checking for possibly invalid emergency caller id fields..none found Migrating old media encryption values...done Removing encoding on incoming routes alertinfo values...done Generating CSS...Done Restoring from core [FreePBX\modules\Core\Restore] Processing Ampusers Processing Astmodules Processing Dahdichannels Processing Devices Processing Did Processing Routing Processing Trunks Processing Users Importing KVStore from core Importing Feature Codes from core Done Processing ttsengines Resetting ttsengines module data Dropping table ttsengines...Done Updating tables ttsengines...Done Generating CSS...Done Restoring from ttsengines [FreePBX\modules\Ttsengines\Restore] Done Processing calendar Resetting calendar module data Generating CSS...Done Restoring from calendar [FreePBX\modules\Calendar\Restore] Done Processing cel Resetting cel module data Creating cel if needed..OK checking for extra field..already exists Checking for userfield field to remove..already removed Checking for src field to remove..already removed Checking for dst field to remove..already removed Checking for channel field to remove..already removed Checking for dstchannel field to remove..already removed Checking for context index..already indexed Generating CSS...Done Restoring from cel [FreePBX\modules\Cel\Restore] Importing Advanced Settings from cel The process "/usr/bin/mysql --host localhost --user freepbxuser -pkzVNHj0GqdXd asteriskcdrdb < /tmp/backup/7fc58566-ccb0-4425-abe8-a5fa4ce026d8/files/tmp/dbdump/cel.sql" exceeded the timeout of 60 seconds. on line 1335 of file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/process/Process.php #0 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/process/Process.php(424): Symfony\Component\Process\Process->checkTimeout() #1 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/process/Process.php(212): Symfony\Component\Process\Process->wait() #2 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/process/Process.php(238): Symfony\Component\Process\Process->run(NULL, NULL) #3 /var/www/html/admin/modules/cel/Restore.php(50): Symfony\Component\Process\Process->mustRun() #4 /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/Handlers/Restore/Common.php(127): FreePBX\modules\Cel\Restore->runRestore() #5 /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/Handlers/Restore/Common.php(115): FreePBX\modules\Backup\Handlers\Restore\Common->runRestore(Object(FreePBX\modules\Cel\Restore)) #6 /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/Handlers/Restore/Multiple.php(52): FreePBX\modules\Backup\Handlers\Restore\Common->processModule('cel', '15.0.15.4') #7 /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/Console/Backup.class.php(266): FreePBX\modules\Backup\Handlers\Restore\Multiple->process() #8 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): FreePBX\Console\Command\Backup->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput)) #9 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(960): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput)) #10 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(255): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(FreePBX\Console\Command\Backup), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput)) #11 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput)) #12 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole(163): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() #13 {main} Processing ucp Resetting ucp module data Remove all UCP tables Stopping old running processes...Done Dropping table ucp_sessions...Done Updating tables ucp_sessions...Done System : sangoma Installing/Updating Required Libraries. This may take a while...The following messages are ONLY FOR DEBUGGING. Ignore anything that says 'WARN' or is just a warning Found npm-cache v0.7.0 Running installation.. [npm-cache] [INFO] using /home/asterisk/.package_cache as cache directory [npm-cache] [INFO] [composer] Dependency config file /var/www/html/admin/modules/ucp/node/composer.json does not exist. Skipping install [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] config file exists [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] cli exists [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] hash of /var/www/html/admin/modules/ucp/node/package.json: 76ab6df0c1940daaf47b99501250de86 [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] cache exists [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] clearing installed dependencies at /var/www/html/admin/modules/ucp/node/node_modules [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] ...cleared [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] retrieving dependencies from /home/asterisk/.package_cache/npm/5.6.0/76ab6df0c1940daaf47b99501250de86.tar.gz [npm-cache] [INFO] [bower] Dependency config file /var/www/html/admin/modules/ucp/node/bower.json does not exist. Skipping install [npm-cache] [INFO] [npm] done extracting [npm-cache] [INFO] successfully installed all dependencies Finished updating libraries! Stopping old running processes...Done Starting new UCP Node Process...Started with PID 21328! Refreshing all UCP Assets, this could take a while... Generating Module Scripts...Done Generating Module CSS...Done Generating Main Scripts...Done Generating Main CSS...Done Done! Generating CSS...Done Restoring from ucp [FreePBX\modules\Ucp\Restore] Importing Table ucp_sessions from ucp Cleaning table: ucp_sessions Importing Advanced Settings from ucp Done Processing sipsettings Resetting sipsettings module data Dropping table sipsettings...Done Updating tables sipsettings...Done New SIPSettings installation detected. Initializing default settings populating default codecs..ulaw, alaw, gsm, g726 added Updating kvstore_Sipsettings Migrating Audio Codecs Generating CSS...Done Restoring from sipsettings [FreePBX\modules\Sipsettings\Restore] Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Call to undefined method FreePBX\modules\Sipsettings\Restore::getBackupInfo() in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/sipsettings/Restore.php on line 7 Stack trace: 1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/modules/sipsettings/Restore.php:7 PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method FreePBX\modules\Sipsettings\Restore::getBackupInfo() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sipsettings/Restore.php on line 7

It would not be 4-5GB. The new backup files in 15 are significantly smaller than 14 or lower. On your new hardware you don’t even have any CEL or CDR records. Which is where most of your 4-5GB of backup is at in 14.

Additionally your CEL back is probably massive. Restoring that will not be a quick process (and the bug in backup and restore just needs to set timeout to 0 (unlimited)). Basically you can’t restore CEL or CDR because of how big they are on your system. If you edit the backup and remove CEL or CDR or dont add those in your 14 back the 15 restore will work

1 Like

We had an install with backup failing for several months…couldn’t figure it out so we engaged support. They found a similar size (around 200GB) file in the voicemail directory that was causing backup to fail. Not sure if this is at all related, but thought I’d toss it out just in case.

Thanks for the response Andrew.

Yes, I see tftpboot and some other locations were excluded. CDR’s didn’t make it CEL’s did.
Smaller PBX so wasn’t expecting too much, and it turned out 14 Backup also backed up the backup files. Which is what made it big.
I do see custom audio and voicemail in the backup file which is good, so backup size is now a little less concerning, but failing is still the issue.

size and timeout definitely not the issue.

Thanks, yes our FPBX 14 files were that big, but under 15 it is apparently expected to be much smaller and my above post shows some of the things I discovered that help explain it.
Unfortunately still the failure is the bigger issue.

the first error is timeout related with cel. You can see that in the error above

The second issue is because many modules in 15 are in edge. You should upgrade all modules in 15 to edge releases.

Hello,

How can I do that, I already updated with all the methods I’m familiar with, GUI, Yum and fwconsole ma upgradeall ?
I just remembered reading one of the features in advanced, so I take the question back.

Thanks

Update:

Here are the steps I took.
Put both source & target servers on EDGE, fully updated and rebooted both boxes.
New box was re-installed from scratch so it’s 100% fresh.

Deleted backup job and created a new one, ALL modules selected.
Ran job.

Run looked clean. ( Both Backup and restore logs here .txt files)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AHBvblKFDasi3qGAzPnpbmSlrglRRmyf/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Utfhb0SMUUOsMiJycJAmej23VXq1jVZT/view?usp=sharing

Restore started to run, then FAILED.

Notes:
Backup & Restore 15.0.8.70 Says Stable, so I tried to force an upgrade for Edge ( even thought its set in advanced )

fwconsole ma --edge upgrade backup, it told me I was current.

Here is a list of all modules and their versions at the time of this test:

±---------------------±-----------±----------------------------------±------------+
| Module | Version | Status | License |
±---------------------±-----------±----------------------------------±------------+
| accountcodepreserve | 13.0.2.2 | Enabled | GPLv2 |
| amd | 15.0.2 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| announcement | 15.0.3.9 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| api | 15.0.3.6 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| areminder | 15.0.14.15 | Disabled | Commercial |
| arimanager | 15.0.3.6 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| asterisk-cli | 14.0.1 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| asteriskinfo | 15.0.5 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| backup | 15.0.8.70 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| blacklist | 15.0.2.9 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| broadcast | 15.0.11 | Disabled | Commercial |
| builtin | | Enabled | |
| bulkhandler | 13.0.15 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| calendar | 15.0.4.17 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| callback | 15.0.7 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| callerid | 15.0.12 | Disabled | Commercial |
| callforward | 15.0.10 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| calllimit | 15.0.5.3 | Disabled | Commercial |
| callrecording | 15.0.7.10 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| callwaiting | 15.0.4.2 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| campon | 13.0.4.1 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| cdr | 15.0.15 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| cel | 15.0.15.4 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| certman | 15.0.15 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| cidlookup | 15.0.13 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| conferences | 15.0.7.4 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| conferencespro | 15.0.3.13 | Disabled | Commercial |
| configedit | 13.0.7.1 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| contactmanager | 15.0.8.23 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| core | 15.0.9.51 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| cos | 15.0.8 | Enabled | Commercial |
| customappsreg | 15.0.13 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| cxpanel | 15.0.3 | Enabled | GPLv3 |
| dahdiconfig | 15.0.5.4 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| dashboard | 15.0.3 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| daynight | 15.0.11 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| dictate | 15.0.6 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| digium_phones | | Not Installed (Locally available) | GPLv2 |
| digiumaddoninstaller | 13.0.1.1 | Enabled | GPLv2 |
| directory | 15.0.15 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| disa | 15.0.4.7 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| donotdisturb | 15.0.6 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| endpoint | 15.0.24.23 | Enabled | Commercial |
| extensionroutes | 15.0.5 | Enabled | Commercial |
| extensionsettings | 13.0.4 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| fax | 15.0.18 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| faxpro | 15.0.8.7 | Disabled | Commercial |
| featurecodeadmin | 13.0.6.4 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| filestore | 15.0.3.4 | Enabled | AGPLv3 |
| findmefollow | 15.0.16 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| firewall | 15.0.6.3 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| framework | 15.0.16.27 | Enabled | GPLv2+ |
| fw_langpacks | 14.0.1 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| hotelwakeup | 15.0.5.4 | Enabled | GPLv2 |
| iaxsettings | 15.0.6 | Enabled | AGPLv3 |
| infoservices | 15.0.2 | Enabled | GPLv2+ |
| irc | 13.0.1 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| ivr | 15.0.21 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| languages | 15.0.9 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| logfiles | 13.0.10.7 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| manager | 15.0.7 | Enabled | GPLv2+ |
| miscapps | 15.0.7 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| miscdests | 15.0.2.8 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| music | 15.0.18 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| outroutemsg | 15.0.9 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| paging | 15.0.4.13 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| pagingpro | 15.0.1.9 | Enabled | Commercial |
| parking | 15.0.14 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| parkpro | 15.0.12.5 | Disabled | Commercial |
| pbdirectory | 2.11.0.6 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| phonebook | 15.0.11 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| phpinfo | 13.0.2 | Enabled | GPLv2+ |
| pinsets | 15.0.1.9 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| pinsetspro | 15.0.3 | Disabled | Commercial |
| pm2 | 15.0.3.7 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| pms | 15.0.2.34 | Disabled | Commercial |
| presencestate | 15.0.7 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| printextensions | 13.0.3.2 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| queueprio | 15.0.9 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| queues | 15.0.15 | Enabled | GPLv2+ |
| queuestats | 15.0.3.24 | Disabled | Commercial |
| qxact_reports | 15.0.3.17 | Enabled | Commercial |
| recording_report | 15.0.4.18 | Disabled | Commercial |
| recordings | 15.0.3.9 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| restapps | 15.0.18.21 | Disabled | Commercial |
| ringgroups | 15.0.11.5 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| sangomacrm | 15.0.14.31 | Disabled | Commercial |
| setcid | 15.0.8 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| sipsettings | 15.0.6.18 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| sipstation | 15.0.5.5 | Enabled | Commercial |
| sms | 15.0.4 | Enabled | Commercial |
| soundlang | 15.0.5.6 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| speeddial | 2.11.0.4 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| superfecta | 15.0.2.19 | Enabled | GPLv2+ |
| sysadmin | 15.0.13.7 | Enabled | Commercial |
| timeconditions | 15.0.14 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| tts | 15.0.9 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| ttsengines | 15.0.4.6 | Enabled | AGPLv3 |
| ucp | 15.0.6.12 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| userman | 15.0.20 | Enabled | AGPLv3+ |
| vega | 15.0.3 | Enabled | Commercial+ |
| vmblast | 15.0.11.3 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| vmnotify | 15.0.9 | Disabled | Commercial |
| voicemail | 15.0.18.9 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| voicemail_report | 15.0.4 | Disabled | Commercial |
| vqplus | 15.0.7.14 | Disabled | Commercial |
| weakpasswords | 13.0.2 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| webcallback | 15.0.6.2 | Enabled | Commercial |
| webrtc | 15.0.6 | Enabled | GPLv3+ |
| xmpp | 15.0.6.4 | Enabled | AGPLv3 |
| zulu | 15.0.57.10 | Disabled | Commercial |

It looks like an update came out today for Backup 15.0.8.71, clean backup ran, still failing although at a different point.

Error on restore:
Restoring from core [FreePBX\modules\Core\Restore]
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Call to undefined method FreePBX\modules\Core\Restore::getBackupInfo() in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/Restore.php on line 11
Stack trace:

1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/Restore.php:11
    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method FreePBX\modules\Core\Restore::getBackupInfo() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/Restore.php on line 11

Hi , “Whoops\Exception\ErrorException” This is has fixed and pushed to Edge, Version is “15.0.8.72

1 Like

Some notes from the backup side:
Backup & Restore Version 15.0.8.72
I was getting some errors:

Finished created backup file: /var/spool/asterisk/backup/Full-Backup/20191125-102910-1574695750-15.0.16.27-1971733377.tar.gz
Performing Local Maintenance
Finished Local Maintenance
Performing Remote Maintenance
Impossible to create the root directory “”. mkdir(): Invalid path
Finished Remote Maintenance
Saving to selected Filestore locations
Finished Saving to selected Filestore locations
There were errors during the backup process

Which was with the filestore path blank, I only typed in a name “local storage” for the filestore.

When I added a path /var/spool/asterisk/backup/ for the filestore,
ran a new backup, the error went away, but the backup was stored in /var/spool/asterisk/backup/ and not in the backup job name path. The folder was created, but the backup wasn’t placed there.

I then took away the trailing slash /var/spool/asterisk/backup and the result was the same, no errors but file in the wrong location, unless thats how it was intended to operate, but if that was true I would guess we wouldn’t build the folder with the job name.

I erased the backup job, erased the folders and backups, created a new backup job and ran it.
No errors in the backup process, but the file was not stored in the backup job name folder ( which was created at the beginning of the job).

Notes from the restore side:
Backup & Restore Version 15.0.8.72
I have the log at the bottom of this post.

This was the first attempt which allowed the system to work in the 90% range.
Issues that were experienced:

• voicemail files and recordings not copied/restored to new server.
  • custom system recordings not copied/restored to new server.
  • Broken references to system recordings, example IVR has blank for announcement.
  • misc destinations that referenced a recording was also broken.
  • system recordings ( after manually copying and running fwconsole chown) needed to be added back into the system, the restore didn’t restore those references.
  • endpoint manager doesn’t have many of the settings, so you have to almost completely redo that.
    while you can download the extension mapping data, you lose the templates you made, firmware settings, and basefile edits.
  • outbound routes are missing trunk assignments

Restore log file link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A5Cdx9wpnQQ82vqopnBi9ge5S8x_AHph

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.