Sox failed to convert file and original could not be copied as a fall back" for moh1.mp3

Hello All,

I am unable to upload MOH:

Error Processing: “sox failed to convert file and original could not be copied as a fall back” for moh1.mp3!

I have my amportal.conf

AMPMPG123=true

can any body please help?

Thanks & Regards

I had the same trouble, and I’m thinking (can’t quite remember) that it was the bit rate of the file that couldn’t work.

My suggestion? Find something in WAV, 8-bit, that will be sampled correctly from the beginning. If you look hard enough there are articles in here regarding a similar issue.

I would recommend making the recording mono, wave 8 bit. Don’t try to upload some 192 K vbr mp3 song.

Make sure that you have mpg123 installed. Open a shell to the Linux server and type mpg123 --version

Hi,

I have installed mpg123-1.13.3 and also lame-3.98.4

still facing the same problem:
Error Processing: “sox failed to convert file and original could not be copied as a fall back” for alb_esp2.mp3!

I tried to set AMPMPG123=false

I got:
Error Processing: “sh: lame: command not found” for alb_esp2.mp3!

could you please help?

thanks & regards
Winanjaya

After many, many, many days of reading and trial and error intents I finally figured out a way (that works) to properly format music files and upload them to my FreePBX successfuly!!!
I created a tutorial to share with you all. Hope this end many headaches… I know it ended mine.