Shut Down Free PBX

Hello,
I have two cards (analog / digital ) installed on freepbx but a power issue such as a force shutdown always disable the cards and then i always need to reconfigure the cards, it’s normal that power issue cause that problem ?
Any suggestion will help ,

thanks !

Maybe, power issue causes the system loses config file.

Hi!

Just to be sure I get this right, only an improper shutdown requires you to reconfigure the cards and if you do a normal shutdown everything is ok?

(It kind of reminds me of a problem I had with pfSense but in that case all hell would break loose…)

• What FreePBX version do you have?
  • What cards do you have and what exactly do you have to do to reconfigure them?

Have a nice day!

Nick

Hello, sorry for the delay
This the FreePbx version :
FreePBX Firmware: 6.12.65-28
PBX Service Pack: 1.0.0.0.

Two cards are installed . Analogue 8 Ports and Digital 1 Span.

Thanks !

Hi,

Just to be sure:

• You only have to reconfigure after an improper shutdown? Not after a normal, controlled one?
  • What do you have to do to reconfigure your cards? Do you have to do something outside FreePBX?

Many of us must have had unplanned, improper shutdown without the need to reconfigure our cards so there is possibly something peculiar in your config…

Have a nice day!

Nick

Okay, thank you.
Please tell me how to keep cards configured even after an improper shutdown.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks !

Hi!

If you want us to be able to help you you should give us more information…

Please re-read my message above…

Your configuration should not just vanish unless you are doing something unexpected…

Please provide more information…

Have a nice day,

Nick

Okay, i currently have two cards installed in the PBX /IP analogue for analogue line,digital pri card for E1 trunk. … i do ever reboot the system but i am pretty sure that if i do an proper shutdown i will have same issue,anyway,since the system is not connected on a UPS, when power issue occurs, i always need to reconfigure both analogue and digital card.

So i am wondering if there is a way to keep cards configure for an improper / proper shutdown.

Look forward to your reply

Thanks !

Hello @Marbled,

Any reply to my issue ???
Please let me know if you have a better idea.

Look forward to your reply,

Thanks !

Hi!

How are you configuring those cards?

It sounds to me that as soon as FreePBX configuration files are regenerated you are losing your configuration…

This suggests that to configure your cards you are modifying files which are rewritten by FreePBX, files which you should not modify directly…

What exactly do you do to reconfigure those cards?

Have a nice day!

Nick

Hi ,
thanks to your reply,

I explain here ,

• For digital PRI card, this card is configure for E1 mode by typing in CLI via ssh.
  • For analogue card it was just a simple matter,i configured to first two ports for the same group, port 32 - 33 group 1, port 35 is on group 2 port 39 which is the last,group 3, then a DID has been set for that port. All the rest are default.
    This is how the cards are configured, then i do have reconfigured them the same way.
    Look forward to your reply,
    Thanks !

Hi!

How are you doing this?

Are you modifying any files under /etc/asterisk?

Are your cards Sangoma’s?

Sangoma card configuration under FreePBX use a DAHDI compatibility mode so you cannot run their configuration tools, your configuration would get loss if you do…

Have a nice day!

Nick

I am using Diguim card,
analogue card is configured from the GUI, digital is configure from both GUI and CLI, the reason i use CLI to configure digital card it 's to switch the to E1 mode.

http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-9421

1 Like

Very good catch @dicko

Sounds like the issue the OP has and definitely confirms what I thought was happening…

@telili Do you have the card that ticket is about?

Have a nice day!

Nick

The older cards have a physical jumper for T1/E1/J1, the newer ones need that option defined. As the link ultimately recommends, you might best disable the dahdi “helper” module and just “help yourself” as documented.

1 Like

Hi you both,

@dicko thank you for the link, but it’s slightly different to my case, yes i use this options wcte13xp to set the digital card on E1 mode on CLI and after i make a reboot the card show me it’s on E1 mode, so now i set the rest of the setting, the problem it is after an improper shutdown or perhaps a normal shutdown the configuration of the digital card is lost as well configuration of analogue card. So you recommended me to disable the dahdi “helper” module, is it gonna fix the issue ?

Yes @Marbled this is that card i am using too.

Thanks !

If you disable the code that overwrites your efforts, then yes.it should no longer overwrite.
Just set that module option and it will reload E1 mode on boot

With CLI or GUI ?
Thanks !

Neither, you will need to edit the file as per the link I posted.
http://kb.digium.com/articles/Configuration/How-to-Install-and-Configure-a-Digium-TE13x-Single-Span-T1-E1-Card