Show different for incoming calls vs transfered calls

PBXact system that has been in place for years. When originally setup each user had their photo attached. Incoming calls showed the caller ID of the caller. If ext 101 answered the call and then transferred it to ext 102, the user at ext 102 would see the photo of the user at x101. They would then know the call is being transferred to them and answer it. If they just see caller ID they assume it is a new incoming call and let it ring thinking someone else will pick it up. They loved this feature. At some point this stopped working. Now the user at x102 just sees caller ID and can not tell the call is being transfered to them, not a new incoming call. I checked and for who knows why, all of the photos are gone. I presume some system update or something blew them away. Anyway, is there a way for a user to tell the difference between a fresh incoming call vs a call being transfered to them?

You can add a custom transfer context which adds for example a prefix to the caller id when the call got transferred so on the target phone the user will see something like this “Transferred: 123456789”.

To give you an idea how to implement this, there is post about adding a call back on a transfer.
See here: Return blind tranfers when not answered

I was just tinkering around and if your deskphones are supporting the diversion header like our Yealink phones you could add a diversion header like the following.
Use it in production at your own risk !

globals_custom.conf:

TRANSFER_CONTEXT = blind-transfer-diversion

extensions_custom.conf:

[blind-transfer-diversion]
exten => _X.,1,NoOp(Entering blind-transfer-diversion)
exten => _X.,n,NoOp(Blindtransfer: ${BLINDTRANSFER})
; Strip out the number which transfers the call.
exten => _X.,n,Set(sourceExt=${CUT(CUT(BLINDTRANSFER,-,1),/,2)})
exten => _X.,n,Set(sourceName=${DB(AMPUSER/${sourceExt}/cidname)})
exten => _X.,n,Set(REDIRECTING(from-num,i)=${sourceExt})
exten => _X.,n,Set(REDIRECTING(from-name,i)=${sourceName})
exten => _X.,n,Set(REDIRECTING(count,i)=1)
exten => _X.,n,Set(REDIRECTING(reason,i)=cf_dte)
exten => _X.,n,Dial(Local/${EXTEN}@from-internal)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup()

So on the target phone there will be displayed the transferred number (“Von:” means “From:”) and the persons name and extension number who is transfering the call (“Via:”).

diversion header

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.