Sangoma S505 Dial Pattern Match so users don't have to hit Send?

I am trying to match what we do on our yealink phones. We use this dial pattern:

911|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1xx

Works great. It matches and sends the calls. Sangoma seems they want to use a timeout. I have played with it and it doesn’t work the same. Users take too long and have to redial, etc. How can we do a similar dial pattern on the sangoma phone?

See the last post of your own thread:

Is this for a very small system with extensions in the range of 100-119? If so, then try this on the S505:
{911|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1[01]x}
with Dial Timeout Now set to 1. (This is simplified and doesn’t include feature codes, etc., for which you will likely use open-ended patterns)

If you have extension numbers such as 121, then a timeout is required to distinguish from e.g. 12125551212. I suspect that the S500 series is not smart about timeouts.

It’s an old thread that never got really answered. Just about local extensions. I need to be able to dial a 10 digit extension as well at extensions in the 100-199 range without send. Time out is not an option. All my customers seem to dial slow

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.