Sangoma 7 upgrade script failing

Hi Andrew,

Right now, my Sangoma A200 card cannot be blamed for anything as it doesn’t appear like a network card to the system because the drivers are unable to start.

I believe the root of that specific problem is that the following package

kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-22_centos6.2.6.32_642.6.2.el6.x86_64.x86_64

which, it seems probably contains DAHDI drivers, was not replaced by one compatible with the current kernel (2.6.32 was the old kernel IIRC so this package is kernel dependent).

Now there’s something I don’t quite get here… Unless my upgraded distro doesn’t use the same repos as the normal Sangoma 7 distro that would mean that this package is not available to it as well, that would mean that no DAHDI card, my Sangoma A200 included, would work out of the box with a new install of the Sangoma 7 distro…

(Or at least an updated install, it’s possible the current problem might be the result of updates…)

Now that would be, well, “interesting” to say the least…

There’s probably a more logical explanation than that, hopefuly…

As for the card appearing like a network card, that’s how Sangoma and Digium decided to implement those cards and I don’t think it’s possible not to have them appear that way.

Do I think the fact it looks like a network card to the system might be the reason I lost Internet connectivity at one point, it sure is plausible…

For the firewall disabling the iptables and firewalld service was what was needed to be able to access the FreePBX web interface. Only disabling iptables was not enough…

(There is surely a better fix than that but I wanted to do something else of my weekend beside doing this…)

I don’t remember having to mess with iptables with the preceding distro (I have read that firewalld is new with Centos 7 so that I am sure I could not have with it) to be able to access the FreePBX web interface.

Is a system that does not use the FreePBX firewall (like mine) supposed to be firewalled?

Now assuming it should, should it be firewalled from traffic in private IP space (my PCs and my FreePBX system are in different subnets but both are in private IP space (172.16…) so assuming the difference in subnet is a problem it should be relaxed and allow traffic from addresses which are unroutable on the Internet.

As for the dashboard problem, I will see if I can make you a little video tonight (I have to get ready for work). Since my A200 is currently invisible to FreePBX right now I am quite sure it’s something else…

Do you have a “Please wait” or similar message (or maybe icon) which is supposed to appear when something takes a while to do? This is what what I see appears to be used for but instead I see “undefined” in it.

What “feeds” that popup text or icon? This seems to be missing on my box…

(And by the way, I can see that popup elsewhere as well, it’s just that it appeared to appear more frequently there…)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

Hi Dicko!

Right now it looks like there is nothing I can do configuration wise (setup-sangoma won’t even work) because it would appear that I still have DADHI drivers meant for the old kernel and no update is offered.

The network card aspect of the Sangoma card never proved to be a problem but I think it might have caused my system lost of network connectivity during the upgrade.

At least that is what seems to be the most plausible at the moment

Nick

Hi Serggio!

Thank you!

So it looks for now that only people with DAHDI hardware might have lost network connectivity at one point…

I don’t remember, did you create your ticket and posted your log files?

My guess would be that you have broken dependencies in those logs…

Thank you, good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

I dont know, is it right place, I posted:
https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-15498

You don’t need to do that. We are aware of the undefined issue

Hi Andrew!

Thank you! I guess you were able to replicate it…

I know that, at least in the past, the Sangoma A200 “network interface” would appear in the network graphs and it would say something like “unknown network” or something similar, I guess you initially thought I was talking about this…

(That problem might still be there but since my A200 is not detected at all right now I can’t say…)

Nick

That is still the problem.

Hi Serggio!

It is not under the right version (it is a FreePBX 13 distro you are trying to upgrade, right?) and not with the right component (I believe it should be “Distro Upgrader”).

I suggest you fix those if you want them to notice it…

As for your problem, your upgrade appeared to be more complex than others as it was also an upgrade from Asterisk 11 to Asterisk 13 and it seems to be failing because it doesn’t find the FreePBX stuff…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Hi,

Then you have no idea what I am talking about, you need at least a screen capture when I have the time to do it…

There is no way this can be the same problem… It would suggest that while FreePBX 13 handled it somewhat gracefully FreePBX 14 is making a big fuss about it for a card it cannot currently see and even when I access modules (or settings screens) unrelated to DAHDI…

Have a nice day,

Nick

I have 100% an idea what you are talking about. We don’t need a screenshot

So you are seeing something which looks like (I simulated what I saw) this for a few seconds sometimes (not always) apparently when a module takes too much time to load?

This is, roughly, what I see now and is very different from what FreePBX 13 would show when it saw my Sangoma A200 has a network card…

And currently, it doesn’t see it as a network card because the drivers are unable to load…

Nick

Yes…

In FreePBX 14 these are how error messages display now. Undefined is a bug we are already aware of, which is what I meant by saying I already knew what you were talking about

I was simply trying to save you time by telling you this is an issue we are already aware of.

Right. You upgraded to FreePBX 14 from 13. Errors display differently now.

Sorry for the delay, I was traveling for somewhere in the range of 24+ hours. More than a little tired now.

My box might have had DAHDI support installed (not sure), but it never had a DAHDI card…

I had this going on as well. modcluster was the problem for me. Removed modcluster ran yum update and everything completed there. Reboted and the upgrade script ran and completed. Right now in the FreePBX GUI with an error stating that the memory limit is too low (128MB) . It’s recommending 256MB. Just need to update php.ini I think. Not noticing any problems yet although I haven’t reinstalled modcluster.

Just ran the upgrade again, Same results. Ran the “latest” script. 2 other things that I noticed.

Firstly before I can run the upgrade I need to run yum update

Also the first time running the script it gives me a failure, and the second time runs and then gets stuck in loop. Seems to be the same but posting new logs to my ticket.

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-15490?filter=-2

Okay I had run -12 I am now running -15… Let us see if it makes any difference will update you shortly.

I get the following, seem to get it no matter what I do but if I run the script again it will get past here.

Can’t upload the log file but here is the end of it.

.treeinfo | 658 B 00:00
vmlinuz-redhat-upgrade-to 0% [ ] 0.0 B/s | 1.0 B --:-- ETA
vmlinuz-redhat-upgrade-to 0% [ ] 0.2 B/s | 2.0 B 449686:30 ETA
vmlinuz-redhat-upgrade-to 0% [ ] 0.1 B/s | 2.0 B 604051:19 ETA
vmlinuz-redhat-upgrade-to 0% [ ] 0.1 B/s | 2.0 B 755301:51 ETA
vmlinuz-redhat-upgrade-to 0% [ ] 0.1 B/s | 2.0 B 944424:36 ETA
vmlinuz-redhat-upgrade-t 0% [ ] 0.1 B/s | 2.0 B 1180904:14 ETA
vmlinuz-redhat-upgrade-t 0% [ ] 0.1 B/s | 2.0 B 1476595:47 ETA
vmlinuz-redhat-upgrade-t 0% [ ] 0.0 B/s | 2.0 B 1846337:21 ETA
vmlinuz-redhat-upgrade-t 0% [ ] 0.0 B/s | 2.0 B 2308648:23 ETA
vmlinuz-redhat-upgrade-t 0% [ ] 0.0 B/s | 2.0 B 2886731:22 ETA
vmlinuz-redhat-upgrade-t 0% [ ] 0.0 B/s | 2.0 B 3581449:25 ETA
setting up repos…
getting boot images…

Downloading failed: couldn’t get boot images: Timeout on http://package1.sangoma.net/.upgrade_a2286e2d-b7fa-48c5-88ca-45e51d4ee29b/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz: (28, ‘Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 30 seconds’)
######### An error occured, please check /var/log/sngupdate #########

I have a 100/100 meg Internet connection so this doesn’t make much sense. Especially since it will work when I run it a second time (which I am about to do).

Took 3 runs, first 2 gave the same error. But the 3rd ran and I am now on FreePBX 14 with no issues as far as I can tell… I guess I’ll know soon if there are any problems.

Stuck in a loop here.