Rtp modules do not load - can not place calls

I’ve got an FreePBX 13/Asterisk 13 system which does not load the proper rtp modules, and I’m trying to figure out the right way to solve this.

The error I’m seeing/solving in the console is

ERROR[2441][C-00000001]: rtp_engine.c:435 ast_rtp_instance_new: No RTP engine was found. Do you have one loaded?

I researched previous complaints and have figured out how to resolve this manually, however I don’t know why this is happening, and I need a proper FreePBX solution for this as my changes will be overwritten in modules.conf.

What I’ve discovered is that out of the box chan_multicast_rtp.so loads even though it’s deprecated. This blocks chan_rtp from loading. In addition res_pjproject.so is not loading (regardless of whether or not PJSIP is enabled in Advanced Settings), and this is a prerequisite for loading res_rtp_asterisk.so.

I added these to modules.conf which is supposed to be overridden by FreePBX (per the comment at the top of the file) but in practice it appears the file is being parsed and merged, not overwritten.

noload = chan_multicast_rtp.so
load = res_pjproject.so
load = res_rtp_asterisk.so

This server was part of an upgrade from older versions of Asterisk (1.8 pre-pjsip) and FreePBX, and wondering if this is somehow an artifact of that.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.